[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Atlas Shrugged
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: AtlasShrugged.jpg (79 KB, 280x367) Image search: [Google]
AtlasShrugged.jpg
79 KB, 280x367
Any thoughts on Atlas Shrugged? I have been told it's a must read by many people.
>>
>>8206920
Go to bed, Ayn Rand
>>
it IS a must read, you have my word!

enjoy babe ;^)
>>
>>8206920
ranks #1 as the book people tell you to read in order to agree with their argument
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>>8206920
What's it about? Explain with memes if possible.
>>
>>8207823
Pepe is a more popular and well known meme than Fefe because Pepe is a respectable and hard-working meme and Fefe is a freeloader who can't do anything for himself.
>>
>>8207823
money is cool and taxes suck
>>
dont listen to these contrarian faggots, this board is lib as fuck (though ive seen a bit more of the right lately) and on top of that its cool to hate on women writers and Rand in general. The book itself is ok i wouldnt call it must read but i enjoyed it. the characters arent believable other than Dagny being a whore and fucking everyone. the worst part about the book is Dagny (and Rand) being so against "hero worship" but the male characters are all larger than life heroes who are damn near worshipped by Dagny/Rand the entire time.
>>
It's a "must read" like 1984 and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
>>
>>8208054
No one could ever make a more perfect summary of Ayn Rand.
>>
Poorly written as a piece of fiction. If one reads it as a dissertation on Rand's thoughts concerning economic practices, then you recognize that it is filled with strawmen and is a horribly unsound exaggerated branch of libertarian politics

Not worth a read
>>
>>8208395
Rand literally writes that great men are the only things we should worship.

Congratulations you triggered me
>>
>>8206920
She's Nietzsche light. Nuff said.
>>
>>8206920

Even moreso than Sartre and Kerouac, Ayn Rand is the proof that amphetamine writing will invariably be some shade of shitty.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.