[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
has any philosopher even wrote that God maybe created by humans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 1466807222409.jpg (143 KB, 888x1120) Image search: [Google]
1466807222409.jpg
143 KB, 888x1120
has any philosopher even wrote that God maybe created by humans and that ancient gods not longer exists because humans stopped believing in them?

What if pol summoned an ancient God (KEK)?
>>
that things exist because that's what people believe to exist is called the consensus theory of truth. the first part of your sentence i sadly fail to comprehend.
>>
File: 1463280139589.gif (2 MB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1463280139589.gif
2 MB, 500x500
The gods of Theros in the Magic: the Gathering mythos are products of belief.

That ain't philosophy/literature though.

Praise Kek.
>>
sounds like something PKD could conceivably have written about
>>
File: 1463438266865.jpg (32 KB, 353x500) Image search: [Google]
1463438266865.jpg
32 KB, 353x500
>>8204729

oh yeah, i guess ubik kind of has a related theme
>>
File: ufoart2.jpg (20 KB, 264x522) Image search: [Google]
ufoart2.jpg
20 KB, 264x522
>>8204729
Polycystic kidney disease can't write.
>>
>>8204733
how about you suck my PKD nerd
>>
>>8204715
Deus fucking Vult my brother!

Praise KEK, make meme magic real

We hate nu-male cucks!

Built the fucking wall
>>
File: Praise KEK.jpg (651 KB, 1024x1212) Image search: [Google]
Praise KEK.jpg
651 KB, 1024x1212
>>8204729
It really does sound like a PKD novel: the latent psychic energies of millions of shut-in autists on the asshole of the internet being focused purely on dank memes to such an extent that through the mechanisms of hermeticism they become real and begin to challenge the authority of corrupt globalists. If PKD was aware of the internet/what it would become and was interested in psychic phenomena, whether they're real or not, this situation definitely would have found it's way into a novel.

Praise KEK.
>>
>>8204775
Kill yourself
>>
>>8204781
Low energy edge.
>>
>>8204715
that's pretty much the central thesis of Feuerbach's The Essence of Christianity

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Essence_of_Christianity#In_the_consciousness_of_the_infinite
>>
That's pretty close to American gods by Neil gaiman
>>
Do not worship any other god, for the LORD, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
>>
>>8204715
A thread died because of this useless drivel-filled question.
>>
>>8204724
I always thought that it was a neat concept, considering how dumb lore usually is. The Kruphix story was unreasonably exceptional. Another one is Lorwyn's whole Aurora deal. I feel that there is exactly one guy on staff who is not brain-dead, but he usually skips work
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.