[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was watching Shirobako. a show about people who work in animation,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1
File: 3SRl3a9.png (112 KB, 209x311) Image search: [Google]
3SRl3a9.png
112 KB, 209x311
I was watching Shirobako. a show about people who work in animation, and a inbetween artists mentions that you can either develop quality or speed, and that while quality is something you can learn with age unless you focus on learning speed you might even become slower with time. I think that also applies to writing, very few authors have great prose and speed to produce new works. Usually thos two oppose each other. I don't think shit authors write more because it's easier, I'm sure they'd be better if they could but they didn't take the time to learn in, and an author with great prose can write a lot very quickly if he learns how (consider just how much Proust got done in his life time) but they rarely pay attention to that.
Do you agree? Are there other areas besides just prose and speed that a writer should take time to learn?
>>
Did you get to the part where Midori talks about reading Dostoevsky?
>>
Also, I re read after posting and I sort of fucked up some words and sentences. I'm sorry.

>>8204510
If it's just a mention yeah, it was just mentioning she liked him so it could had been any author.
I was sort of surprised with Psycho-Pass actually quoting authors and discussing arguments and counterarguments. You usually just see some cover of a book that somehow connects with the plot but without someone discussing it there is no real interpretation to make, it's just "look, this two things are alike". I hate that.
>>
>>8204503
good lord, did someone photoshop her face a la "woll smoth" memes or is that her actual face
Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.