[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I dropped Gravity Rainbow after 200 pages, I got this one today.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: image.gif (65 KB, 600x902) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
65 KB, 600x902
I dropped Gravity Rainbow after 200 pages, I got this one today. What am I in for?
>>
a lot of complaining
>>
>>8203650
Why'd you drop it, OP? I thought GR was pretty good.
>>
>>8203700
There were enormous passages where nothing was going on. Also the language was kind of difficult to go through. I don't know but I had to force myself to write it and didn't get anything enjoyable from it.
>>
Pynchons my fav writer for sure because my fav thing in books is goofs, gags, jokes and rambunctious behavior, and his books are full to the brim of it. Every novel is like one of those novelty snake cans, you open the book & POP you get a face fulla snakes and you fall back cackling. The mad mind, the crack genius, to do it! and then you think hmmm whats he gonna do next, this trickster, and you pick the book back up and BZZZZZZZZZZ you get a shock and Hahahahahah you've been pranked again by the old pynchmeister, that card. "Did that Pynch?" he says, laughing yukyukyukyuk. Watch him as he shoves a pair of plastic buck teeth right up into his mouth and displays em for you- left, right, center- "you like dese? Do i look handsome???" Pulls out a mirror. "Ah!" Hand to naughty mouth. And you're on your ass again laughing as he snaps his suspenders, exits stage right, and appears again hauling a huge golden gong.
>>
you never should have started man. only has like 3.7 on goodreads. everyone knows not to touch a book with less than 3.85. its the kind of book that makes people hate books. Literally one of, if not, the worst story I've ever read. A classic English majors only book, aka people like talking about this book and that they "get it" make you feel like their intellectual inferior. This book is the literary equivalent of some hipster noise band that everyone knows sucks but people will say they are good just to be in the "know."i must say this before I get a bunch of replies from people looking down their nose at me. I do "get it" I got an A on the paper I wrote on this book but what I "get" more is that there is nothing to "get." It's the act of "getting it" and being part of that special little crew that does that makes people enjoy this book. They enjoy more looking down upon those simpletons who don't "get" it than they enjoy the story. Get what I'm saying?
>>
>>8203650
>>8203830

tcol49 is shorter than 200 pages, so you can probably finish it before you drop it for having big words in it.
>>
Easier read for sure. It's where I started with Pynchon and then a year later re-read cause I liked it so much then read GR.
>>
>>8204084
Yeah that's what I hope for but was interested in how different is it.
I am not amerifag and english isn't my main language so it really is difficult for me to read that kind of books.

>>8204094
Thanks, I hope I'll enjoy it more
>>
>>8204019
Your experience seems like it was shaped by your obnoxious classmates more than the material itself. Posturing as someone in the know (no one asked about your grades) while complaining about other people makes you sound insecure.
>>
>>8204230
>only has like 3.7 on goodreads. everyone knows not to touch a book with less than 3.85

Well it looks like you've just been meme'd friend
>>
>>8204247
What a classic blunder! An epic ruse! Well pranked, master prankster!
>>
>>8204247
This board is worse that useless
>>
>>8204270
I don't get it
>>
>>8203650
fun
>>
>>8203650
A worse book
>>
>>8203650
you should have picked it back up, anon.
>>
>>8204833
/thread
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.