[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi guys, the weather's getting nice and I'd like to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: abbaye-senanque.jpg (305 KB, 848x566) Image search: [Google]
abbaye-senanque.jpg
305 KB, 848x566
Hi guys, the weather's getting nice and I'd like to read outside but I don't want to look weird. I don't want people thinking "wew, what kind of fucked up kid reads alone like this" while reading on the park or elsewhere in town.

What are good places where it's considered normal to read alone?
>>
>>8203437
the world that I've built in my diary desu
>>
At a Star Bucks.
>>
Reading is one of the sexiest things anyone can do. Start reading outside more. When girls walk past you they'll feel moist just from seeing your intellect at work.
>>
>>8203437
Honestly, people don't even think about outdoor readers. They'll spend half a second thinking about you, but the thought they'll have is "there's a guy reading." They don't think anything about you, you are playing a character billed as Guy Reading on Bench. Pro Tip: just don't read in a bar with a drink or something; that will be noticed.
>>
Nobody cares about you, and you shouldn't care about what people would think, anyway. If you're so much concerned, reading alone won't look inappropriate around a college, on a park, in a coffee shop or in the subway.
>>
>>8203470
I don't like Starbucks.

>>8203485
Yeah, but where can I read? On a random bench? A park, sitting on the grass? Won't I look stupid?

>just don't read in a bar with a drink or something; that will be noticed.
I'll never have the guts to do so anyway, so I won't.
>>
>>8203508
What's the big deal. Read wherever the fuck you want. Go to where you'd normally spend your time on a nice day, even without at book. Don't be such a poser.

Even if there might be a few people who find reading in public weird, why do you care? People who would judge you based on such trivial things aren't worth your time anyway; so don't think about them.
>>
>>8203508
Reading at the beach looks pleasant but is in fact tedious. Do you live in a place with many cafes? A park is an excellent place too, maybe under a tree or on a bench.
>>
>>8203527
>What's the big deal.
Well, I'm a little bit shy. I don't want people judging me but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.

>>8203528
Is it comfortable to read under a tree?
>>
>>8203562
>Well, I'm a little bit shy. I don't want people judging me but I guess there's nothing I can do about it.
Well if you're socially anxious, and you want to read outside, you've got no chance but to overcome it. Unless you wanna read in the woods or something.

Otherwise, just stay inside. Or in your garden, or yard.

Anon bro.

What are you currently reading?
>>
>>8203567
It's mostly groups of young people my age I don't want to see if I read in town, I don't want them to judge me. I don't care about the adults.

I have garden though. But sometimes I want to read elsewhere, outside.

>What are you currently reading?

Le comte de Monte Cristo
>>
>>8203595
>It's mostly groups of young people my age I don't want to see
Yeah, I know what you mean. I have no trouble being around adults or children; but people my own age, I feel, have more of a reason to be judgmental towards me.

I used to go and sit in a coffee shop every saturday, at like 7am, to make sure I meet no younger people (who are likely all hungover).
But that's only because I live in a small town, I didn't want to meet people my age whom I actually know personally. I wouldn't have cared about strangers.

Yeh, and but so then, why don't you just go off-town, sit on a bench in the woods or something.
>>
>>8203607
>I used to go and sit in a coffee shop every saturday
That's the kind of things I can't do, going alone in a cafe. How long would you stay reading here?

I might try reading in the woods but I'm not sure if there are benches around here.
>>
File: 1466532977695.jpg (1005 KB, 2820x2515) Image search: [Google]
1466532977695.jpg
1005 KB, 2820x2515
I live with my parents in a house. We have a pretty big balcony and every summer we set up this big swing on it. It's actually a swinging canape and I love sitting on it, reading and mildly swinging back and forth in the heat. I still have to find a comfier feel. It's so addictive I keep reading for hours, even if the night has fallen and I can barely read the words.

Try this, op
>>
>>8203437
>>8203562
Reading is your gift to you. If they judge, they judge. You cannot control what comes your way but you can control your own temperament and reactions. If you meet someone who also reads and become friends that infinitely makes up for the judgmental people.

Honestly though, 95% of people don't give a fuck about what you're doing unless you're doing something stupid
>>
>>8203960
op here, thanks for your input, brb getting a house with a big balcony where i can set up a big swing that's actually a swinging canapee i will love sitting on, reading and mildly swinging back and forth in the heat.
>>
>>8203960
I live w/ my parents too, and we have a nice garden and all but I don't really like staying at home. I'd like to find a nice spot in town where I can read quietly and enjoy a nice view.

>>8204092
Some people might find it stupid, reading alone in public. I don't know, maybe you're right.
>>
if you're goodlooking, welldressed and reading a paperback you wont look out of place on a bench in the park
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.