[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How come people tell you to read more books every time you say
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
How come people tell you to read more books every time you say something that isn't smart or every time you say something that begs some questions or something? Do people really think that just reading any old book will make you smarter? I'm sure that only if you have a dictionary with you could some story possibly give you new words, or if you were reading a book on a certain subject could it possibly make you more knowledgeable in that particular field. What the fuck lit?
>>
>>8202962
Read more books.
>>
>>8202968
Why not just watch a movie? Won't that tell you a story the same as a book?
>>
read more books.
>>
>>8202970

>Won't that tell you a story the same as a book?

oh god

read more books.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXU2anqvVqA
>>
>>8202962

>already has his ideology controlled by politics

>doesn't understand how a book can make one smarter

>has to actualy ask as an adult what a book can do for a person

if you're going to be that stupid in life you're better off being a chad so you have something going for you.
>>
>>8203000
>>already has his ideology controlled by politics
I came to my own conclusions about politics. My younger brother has very opposing views to me, and both of our views are often different from our parents who are moderates and social liberals. Only difference is I'm economically liberal and more socially liberal than them. My brother is socially conservative and economically conservative. So no, this is complete bullshit.
>>doesn't understand how a book can make one smarter
No, honestly I don't. So are you gonna waste time making fun of me like a huge jackass and act like you have the answers and you're just gonna boost your ego because your dad made you feel bad as a kid, or are you gonna try to have a productive conversation with me?
>>has to actualy ask as an adult what a book can do for a person
Redundant
>if you're going to be that stupid in life you're better off being a chad so you have something going for you.
You're just an asshole man, seriously, what is wrong with you? You don't sound like a stable functioning human being.
>>
Why are you posting a false quote?
>>
>>8203008

If you don't read then how do you even have a stable identity in politics? How are you going to understand politics if they don't even know where the ideas came from?

Name calling won't make you smarter but you're a dunce to put it straight and you expect a friendly caring environment where people will hold you up and encourage you simply for existing and asking something as idiotic as to the value of a book.

You're lost.
>>
>>8203008
>Redundant
>>
File: 1466532993840.jpg (62 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1466532993840.jpg
62 KB, 500x435
>>8202970
>reading for plot
>>
>>8203011
Idk I checked the quote earlier this morning, but it's funny as hell, don't you agree? Also, I wouldn't be surprised if he actually did say that. I've had hopes that he's actually running a fake campaign just so he can get the democrats elected. I mean, his campaign is doing horribly, he's not even running ads in important states. For as much as I dislike Hilary for being bought by corporate interests, she's gonna protect the rights of gay people and make sure the supreme court justices are democrats and congressmen, so that's a definite win. I never liked her and I was on the Bernie or bust train for a while, but now I think that I can see it as a major victory if that fucker trump doesn't get elected. I think it's incredibly important for our country right now, to get the supreme court justice and congressmen to be democrat and liberal.
>>
>>8203013
I read a few books this year, about 5, and finished half of a few other books I didn't really find interesting. I can guarantee you it didn't make me smarter about politics reading the metamorphosis LOL. If anything it made me feel kinda depressed and cynical. Hey man, I read a lot of news articles, so that's something, I also watch a lot of news and follow a lot of stories and stay involved in current topics of discussion. So I'd say I'm pretty on the ball, for whatever it's worth.
>>
>>8203014
Yeah, he basically said the same thing twice. That's called redundancy. Like if I were to like say like a like bunch of like times.
>>
>>8203027
>Yeah, he basically said the same thing twice. That's called redundancy. Like if I were to like say like a like bunch of like times.
Mein gott. This is like the negation of the nagation od 4chan that is reddit. Absolute autism.
>>
>>8203020
kill yourself
>>
>>8203024
When you say something retarded and they retort with "read a book" it's implied you read up on the subject, not a random book. Are you just pretending to be a retard?
>>
>>8203052
okay I will
>>
>>8203024

I trully hope you are baiting anon.

But if you are not, you have so much to develop in yourself. You are the caricature of the average person: misinformed, deluded and without a hint of self-consciousness. Reading a lot would improve these, but you have to WANT to improve in the first place. The average person thinks there's nothing wrong with himself, he never strives to get better.

This mentality that by "staying involved in the current topics" and "following stories" is enough to be able to make decent, independent decisions is what causes the masses to be so easily manipulated. Everybody is always "pretty much on the ball", but that ball is being tossed around by the people who know who they are and what they want.

You are just a kitty cat OP. Read more books and maybe you will become a human being.
>>
File: rLIi2GI.gif (1 MB, 320x160) Image search: [Google]
rLIi2GI.gif
1 MB, 320x160
>>8203090
>You are just a kitty cat OP
>>
>>8202962
Hillary said something surprisingly similar about the democrat voter base.
Along the lines of them being easy to manipulate.

Why people cannot keep their mouth shut sometime sis a mystery to me.
>>
>>8203155
>Why people cannot keep their mouth shut sometime sis a mystery to me.

Mainly because it doesn't matter. Politicians can say something and a week later they can totally contradict themselves and all that happens is that there is a short-live (if any) reaction. People are too distracted and apathetic as a whole to care. Whatever befalls the populace is their own doing whether they realize it or not.
>>
>>8203020
roll up the windows of your car and turn it on in the garage
>>
>>8203024
>reads a bunch of newspaper articles
>how the fuck does reading something 20x as long and frequently 5x as insightful do anything at all for me??!?
>>
>>8204156
What do you suggest I read?
>>
>>8204175
Anti-Oidipus
>>
>>8202962

If someone says "read a book" in regards to your uneducated argument you should infer they're saying "read a book on the subject you're arguing about"
>>
>>8203020
Gary Johnson 2016, suck a fat one faggot
>>
>>8202962
op is one helluva guy
>>
Books force you to comprehend information, and in a more concentrated and systematic way than any other medium. Also, writers are smarter in an intellectual sense than the creators of any other medium because their craft reloes solely on thinking.
>>
>>8203020
Literally die
>>
>>8203052
>>8204147
>>8204203
>>8204281
what's with all this mad?
>>
>ITT liberal who doesn't read
I wish this wasn't bait
>>
I really, really, really hope this is bait.
You are acting stupidly and lack the self-consciousness necessary to realise it.
>>
>>8204285
You are such a newfriend it hurts. Lurk more.
>>
>>8203024
>made me feel kinda depressed and cynical

enjoy the ride
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.