[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are some good literature that explores the transcendent
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
what are some good literature that explores the transcendent relationship between mother and son, /lit/?
>>
there's lots of great stuff on this if you're willing to import from Japan
>>
File: mmyf.gif (492 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
mmyf.gif
492 KB, 500x250
>>8202122
prefferably non nip
>>
>>8202122
Just came here to say that Mishima's Sound of Waves has some center momma son relationships
>>
>>8202122
most of it is already up on exhentai, dude
>>
>>8202117
The Letters of William Gaddis because half of them are to his mom.
>>
Swann's Way yo

even just read the beginning. fucked me up
>>
>>8202117
It's not literature but maybe you can find the screenplay of the film Mother and Son. Or you could just watch the film. Directed by Aleksandr Sokurov. Also the film Murmur of the Heart by Louis Malle.
>>
>>8202117

Oedipus Rex.
>>
>>8202207
>shitty tripfag doesn't realize that was the point of the thread
>>
IJ and Purity :)
>>
Lolita or whatever
>>
>>8202117
Sons and Lovers.
>>
>>8202117
Arthur Schnitzler: "Frau Beate und ihr Sohn"
>>
In Search of Lost Time. Reading it makes me miss my mother like crazy
>>
Patrick Pearse, poet figurehead for the 1916 Uprising in Ireland had a strong relationship with his mother and penned one of the most famous poems in Ireland.
It is interesting that the old woman is the national personfication of Ireland and is often portrayed in literature as a mother who sees her sons fight in her honour to retain her land from the foreigner

"The Mother"
I do not grudge them: Lord, I do not grudge
My two strong sons that I have seen go out
To break their strength and die, they and a few,
In bloody protest for a glorious thing,
They shall be spoken of among their people,
The generations shall remember them,
And call them blessed;
But I will speak their names to my own heart
In the long nights;
The little names that were familiar once
Round my dead hearth.
Lord, thou art hard on mothers:
We suffer in their coming and their going;
And tho' I grudge them not, I weary, weary
Of the long sorrow-And yet I have my joy:
My sons were faithful, and they fought
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.