[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Borrowing a mildly successful thread idea from /mu/ Short Story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: Dublin-Dubliners-James-Joyce.jpg (232 KB, 873x1142) Image search: [Google]
Dublin-Dubliners-James-Joyce.jpg
232 KB, 873x1142
Borrowing a mildly successful thread idea from /mu/

Short Story Edition

>Best
The Dead
>Worst
A Mother
>Overrated
Araby
>Underrated
An Encounter

post your favorite short story collection, call me names, etc
>>
File: 220px-ElephantCarver.jpg (15 KB, 220x349) Image search: [Google]
220px-ElephantCarver.jpg
15 KB, 220x349
>Best
Whoever Was Using This Bed
>Worst
Intimacy
>Overrated
Boxes
>Underrated
Errand

>>8199929
Incidentally I've just bought Dubliners on Amazon, should receive in a few days. Never read Joyce before
>>
>>8199929
you're overrated. Araby is so communicative and great, especially the ending. (I agree about the rest though)
>>
>>8199929
Is dubliners a good entry point to start reading Joyce or should I read portrait of a young artist first?
>>
File: trap.jpg (52 KB, 479x523) Image search: [Google]
trap.jpg
52 KB, 479x523
>>8199929
>>Overrated
>Araby
>>
>>8199929
>an encouter is underrated and araby is overrated
araby literally expressed what an encouter wanted to say and more in fewer words
real underrated is clay
>>
>>8199929
>the dead
all these people fawning over a story about getting cucked from beyond the grave. disgusting.
>>
>>8203141
>pleb detected
it's not even that it's the way it managed to re affirm the themes and motifs of the whole piece and then provide backbone for the entire structure of the collection through its ending, going back to the first story's child's fascination with the corpse
>>
>>8203151
excuse me while i yawn my dick off while you justify being enraptured by cuckery
>>
>>8201373
Joyce should honestly be read in chronological order
>>
File: CAN'T.jpg (163 KB, 1462x1462) Image search: [Google]
CAN'T.jpg
163 KB, 1462x1462
>>8203156
dam you got so buttblasted you couldn't even muster up a real response
>>
>>8203170
cuck.
>>
>>8203181
>>>>Pol>>>>>>>>>>
>>
>>8203141
embarrassing post

you probably haven't read a book in the past year and just started browsing lit over the summer lmao
>>
>>8204827
cuck.
>>8204725
cuck.
>>
>>8199929
>Best
The Dead or Araby, very close
>Worst
Eveline
>Overrated
After the Race
>Underrated
An Encounter
>>
>>8204862
Pathetic. In before "I'm just pretending to be retarded."
>>
The best story in Dubliners was A Painful Case, because I identified with it the most and because I read for plot and need validation from fictional books.

I don't know about the worst, probably the one about the guy who couldn't afford enough peas.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.