[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is some writing or philosophy (which is accessible to plebs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: tumblr_mhb834a58b1rcj9vdo1_400.jpg (36 KB, 368x470) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mhb834a58b1rcj9vdo1_400.jpg
36 KB, 368x470
What is some writing or philosophy (which is accessible to plebs like me), that will make me get over the feeling of existential despair? I just want to feel happy about living and break out of this sort of pointless-dichotomy that my mind is entrenched in.
>>
You need Kierkegaard and God in your life
>>
>>8199914
Have you considered just going on vacation to Bangkok/Manilla and getting off your tits on MDMA?

Highly recommended for those annoying bouts of ennui and existential fuckupery.
>>
>>8199918
I'm a man of strong scientific convictions
>>8199930
I don't do drugs ever, I have wanted to try it, although I had an extremely embarrassing and highly anxiety filled reaction to weed. I have no money or job either and I just don't know what to do with my life, so I don't think I could go on vacation if I wanted to. Really the only thing that interests me is the ladyboys in Thailand and ancient ruins deep within some inaccessible forests. Idk why I would wanna do the same thing I'm doing right now half way around the world somewhere else. I guess I'd wanna go to japan to see if they have a better selection of the type of hentai I like, but I'd have to learn japanese and I think I'd need to be alive for another 100 years or so if I wanted to have time and patience to try pursuing something like that.
>>
Are you very young? Not trying to be condescending- it's just that sometimes that existential crisis is something that books can help with, but they are not the cure. Time is the cure. When you get a little older or settled into a way of life you might feel more calm about everything. Youth and despair go hand in hand. good luck on your quest to be chill.
>>
>>8199954
>>
File: zarath.jpg (33 KB, 420x551) Image search: [Google]
zarath.jpg
33 KB, 420x551
>>8199949
>I'm a man of strong scientific convictions
Then you should not search for lies. Read Zapffe and Nietzsche, you will see that Zapffe is probably right but it's not enough to consider species suicide because the data is incomplete. That's what I'm doing. I'm procrastinating Nietzschean for ever.
>>
>>8199914
camus will get you accepting that gentle indifference boy
>>
>>8199957
So yes, young. If you still feel this way at 30, come back and I'll give you a stern but well meant talking to.
>>
Read Dostoevsky and Stoic philosophy
>>
>>8199954
Not OP, but feel probably very similar. I find reading books very relaxing but I feel that it is only a form of excapism and I hate having problems I can't solve.
Thank you for comforting words.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.