[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Narrative poetry thread.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Bust_Homer_BM_1825.jpg (3 MB, 2000x3008) Image search: [Google]
Bust_Homer_BM_1825.jpg
3 MB, 2000x3008
That's it, narrative poetry thread (verse novel and stuff like that included). Post your favorites and give advice, please.
Eugene Onegin.
>>
>>8199131
>asking for advice without giving any
>>
>>8199158
>Giving advice without having any.
>>
>>8199183
>asking for something with nothing to exchange
fucking pleb bum.
>>
>>8199158
>without giving any
eugene onegin it wasn't his signature, anon
>>
I've been doing a thing for the past few weeks where every day I just open up my Iliad (tr. Fitzgerald) and read the first few lines I see, and I'm never disappointed. Let's see this time:

Book 10

Now Menelaos, like his brother, shaken
lay unsleeping, open-eyed, foreboding
anguish for the Argives, who had come
for his sake many a long sea mile to Troy
to wage the daring war. He rose and cloaked
his broad back with a spotted leopardskin,
picked up a bronze-rimmed helmet for his head,
and took a long spear in his fist, to go
arouse his brother, lord of all the Argives,
whom as a god the common folk revered.
He found him buckling on his handsome baldric
close to the ship stern, and he turned in joy
to see Menelaos come. Then Menelaos,
lord of the war cry, said: "Why under arms,
dear brother? Will you call for a volunteer
to look the Trojans over? Hardly one
will take that duty on, I fear, alone
to circle and scout the dangerous enemy
in the starry night. It will take nerve to do it."
>>
>>8199202
>naming a favorite is the same as giving advice despite the clear distinction made by OP
reading comprehension, pleb.
>>
>>8199131
Aniara by harry martinson is the shit
>>
>>8199227
>>8199158
>Complaining for my lack of advice.
>No advice.
Anyways, my advice is to write brief descriptions and flash images. Making the story stop for may lines will make your readers lose it.
>>
>>8199211
>>8199234
Thank you, anons.
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.