[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Every series has that one book that pretty much kills the franchise
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: captain-underpants-badge.jpg (356 KB, 1650x1650) Image search: [Google]
captain-underpants-badge.jpg
356 KB, 1650x1650
Every series has that one book that pretty much kills the franchise after said book was published. With Captain Underpants in the news (Movie), what do you think was the book that made the series go downhill?
>>
Why are they making a movie? That shit is so old.
>>
Is it my imagination, or are more and more movies being based off of books?
>>
Am I the only one who didn't read that bullshit?
>>
>>8198424
>movies
>having an original story
>ever
>>
>>8199963
Oh I agree, the majority do not have any originality. But it seems that more movies are being based specifically off of books. At least for major releases.
>>
>>8198411
The two-part booger one. Strayed too far from the original "potty humour" theme, started a convoluted story arc no one was asking for.
>>
>>8198411
first issue. They were retarded
>>
Does Captain Underpants have literary merit?
>>
>>8200872
Yes, Pilkey was inspired heavily by Joyce's fart jokes in Ulysses
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.