[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The work is so refreshingly honest. The best works of art
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: twisted tooth.jpg (162 KB, 805x1021) Image search: [Google]
twisted tooth.jpg
162 KB, 805x1021
>The work is so refreshingly honest.

The best works of art inspires our love for the truth. With every bit of honesty that we recognise in art there is some disdain for the lack of authenticity in the regular world.

But does art, as the most polished source of novelty, sanction itself in society as the only space where honesty is allowed to publicly exist?
>>
who dat hoe doe
>>
>>8195046
if the artist is honest, so is the art.
if society is dishonest, it only makes that art more resplendent.
>>
>>8195068
So you have to be an artist if you want to be as honest as allowable.

Art pulls the most honest people towards itself like a brain drain, there would be no need for lots of works if everyone was honest.
>>
>>8195060
My mom.
>>
Granted that we want the truth: Why not rather untruth? And uncertainty? Even ignorance?
>>
>>8195046
she looks miserable
>>
>>8195060
Charlotte Rampling
>>
>>8195046
Evaluating art in terms of virtues is and always has been a mistake.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.