[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Setting time aside for reading.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: WH3TwZ0.jpg (245 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
WH3TwZ0.jpg
245 KB, 1024x1024
Lit how do you get in the habit of finding time to read? I always seem to find myself tied to using the internet and listening to music and making shit posting threads on various websites. I never seem to make much time for myself to actually read books, it's like I'm too lazy.
>>
Read instead of using the internet, listening to music, or shitposting. If the problem is that you're overly impulsive or fickle, schedule your free time beforehand, and try to stick to it.
>>
Drop acid and prioritize
>>
File: 1459267285239.jpg (181 KB, 790x1404) Image search: [Google]
1459267285239.jpg
181 KB, 790x1404
>>8194736
>It's like I'm too lazy
You are. If you want to read, just start already. It's not like you want to climb mount everest, just do it
>>
>>8194736
ive said this several times, worked wonders with me: start slowly, choose the time of the day you want to read and just go through 5pgs and stop, do this everyday and each week add couple pgs more, in no time you will be reading 2 hours straight focused
>>
>>8194736
You need to impose structure on your day. Fitness and non-TV based social time is important too
>>
>>8195127
social time? dude I don't socialize, I dunno anyone. People have never really seemed drawn to me, no one ever really talks to me and any attempt I make to talk to someone else just comes off as awkward. So yeah idk how you people can just go around saying you can schedule social time whenever you want, I actually hate you for that. You're a privileged mother fucker and you probably complain on a friday night when you don't get to go out with your friends or something.
>>
>>8195137
Go join a tabletop group or intramural sport team. Join a church or a charity, or a group of college atheists. Go drink at a local pub. Your self imposed exile from humanity is your fault.

No man is an island.
>>
>>8195137
http://www.meetup.com/
>>
>>8194736

Just go to a nice quiet place away from technology, with a book you genuinely want to read, and then read.
>>
>>8195137
If autistic furries can meet in droves, so can you
>>
>>8195142
Don't fucking tell me what to do.
>>
>>8195159
Kill yourself
>>
>>8195159
why do retards have to make fake replies pretending to be other people on this website? there should seriously be the color and number indicator like on pol so people don't impersonate other anons. It's fucking retarded.
>>
>>8195195

>>8195161
>>
>>8195142
>go around and bother people who don't want to be with you
>>
>>8195195
Shit, I forgot to capitalize 'There' in the second sentence. I'll kill myself know.
>>
>>8195150
look at those two sick naked freaks
>>
>>8195195
It's all part of the fun now I come to think of it.

So please disregard this post, I only wrote it because I have a tiny penis.
>>
>>8195195
>>8197065
Everything should be more like pol
pol are truly the enlightened ones
>>
Turn your computer off. My laptop has started overheating to the point where I can only use it for an hour at a time before it shuts down and I have to wait ages for it to cool off. I considered replacing or fixing it but it's been so good for helping me read more that I've left it alone.
>>
>>8194748
I never could read on acid or any psychedelic.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.