[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep, > He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1400465817658.jpg (275 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
1400465817658.jpg
275 KB, 2048x2048
>Peace, peace! he is not dead, he doth not sleep,
> He hath awaken'd from the dream of life;
> 'Tis we, who lost in stormy visions, keep
> With phantoms an unprofitable strife,
> And in mad trance, strike with our spirit's knife
> Invulnerable nothings. We decay
> Like corpses in a charnel; fear and grief
> Convulse us and consume us day by day,
>And cold hopes swarm like worms within our living clay.

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>8193580
it means take an english class u fuck
>>
>>8193580
DELETE THIS
>>
/lit/ doesn't discuss non-memes
>>
It means that global capitalism is a very deep metaphysical evil, because it is quite unimaginable that something like that could be written given the cultural-economic circumstances of today. FULL CONFUCIANISM NOW.
>>
I used to eat ants when I was little. Tasted spicy.
>>
>>8194012
i tried that once as a child after watching the lion king because I wanted to be like timon and pumba.
it wasn't good and I never did it again.
>>
>>8194012
Me too. They're sour and stingy, like a drop of concentrated lemon juice. I still taste one or two sometimes. My tastes haven't changed, it's just that I find myself dedicating less and less time to catching ants these days. Is this what they call growing up, I wonder?
>>
>>8194023

If you thought ants were bad, try grasshoppers. The legs are okay, similar in taste and texture to roasted pumpkin seeds, but the abdomens made me gag. My mom said I wasn't allowed to kill them anymore if I only ate the legs, I had to honor the animal by using the whole thing. Didn't even try the thorax to be honest.

>>8194481

I want to go the lake or the ocean and just throw rocks in for an hour. I never end up doing it though. How hard could it be, it's like a 20 minute drive, tops. It's not a particularly nice beach, but it has rocks, and water, and maybe the odd sea animal or two.
>>
File: 855850-N[1].jpg (39 KB, 710x376) Image search: [Google]
855850-N[1].jpg
39 KB, 710x376
>>8194525
lmao get a load of this plebeian
>>
>>8194525
Do you live in Africa?
>>
>>8194012
Once when I was young my mom and I both ate rice crispy treats that were covered in ants, dont remember the taste. I hope I'm not just making that up, I'm almost certain in happened.
>>
>>8194525
You needn't have killed the crunchy little beast. You could've harvested the muscly hind legs and the poor hopper wouldn't have hopped anymore: tragic and true, yes, but if you had put him back into the grass he could have just walked on his more than adequate number of remaining legs. In a Lamarckian world, the maimed might have even evolved into a four-legged species, if only to deprive you of your meagre feast; but you needn't even fear that. Then again, his inability to squeeze out his squeaky song would have deprived him of a worthy, leggy mate. The morals of your mutilating act would have remained murky. Still, it's food for thought, even though a bite tinier than a sunflower seed
>>
Wtf is going on in this thread
>>
>>8194822
ANTZ
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.