[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I hope that some anon will see this thread and decide to read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: 978-1-57366-113-3-frontcover.jpg (202 KB, 776x1200) Image search: [Google]
978-1-57366-113-3-frontcover.jpg
202 KB, 776x1200
I hope that some anon will see this thread and decide to read this book on a whim. It's good.
>>
>>8193221
I've had this out of the library for the longest time but never even cracked it. Ironically I had to decide today whether to renew or return; I opted to renew. I hope I can start it eventually.

One reason I delayed starting was that I tend to confuse Brian Evenson and Steve Erickson.
>>
>Brian Evenson's fifth story collection constructs a human landscape as unearthly as it is mundane. Replete with the brutality, primordial waste, and savage blankness familiar to readers of his earlier works, Evenson's Kafkaesque allegories entice the mind while stubbornly disordering it. In the title story an obsessive consciousness folds back on itself, creating a vertiginous mélange of Poe and Borges, both horrific and metaphysical.

These claims are too bold for a writer to ever live up to them.
>>
>>8193221
I'll check it out, thanks

>>8193326
It's just a shill, I'm not expecting an amalgamation of Kafka, Poe, and JLB, but I love those guys so maybe I'll find something likeable about this
>>
>>8193326
Danm, that is bold
>>
File: 1466561839736.webm (610 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1466561839736.webm
610 KB, 640x640
>>8193350
>It's just a shill

But what if it isn't, though?
>>
>>8193799
hey I used to follow her on tumblr way back when

it's an obvious shill dude, it's practically a sales pitch.
worst case, I bought yet another book thats going to end up getting donated or trashed or whatever
>>
>>8193827
I just DLed the webm cuz I thought she was cute tbqf famiglia
>>
>>8194162
>>8193827
>falling for the female meme
cucks
>>
>>8193221

I read some other stories by him and they were too hard for me tbqh

>>8194162

She is cute. You're right anon.
>>
>>8194175
>they were too hard for me

wat
>>
>>8193326
>unearthly as it is mundane.
what did he mean by this?
>>
>>8196567
He specializes in making things that shouldn't be that scary pretty scary.

http://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/the-dark-fiction-of-an-ex-mormon-writer
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.