[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books that explain feminism or just increase
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (95 KB, 444x460) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
95 KB, 444x460
What are some good books that explain feminism or just increase my understanding of it?

No /pol/ please
>>
>>8191917
Read Simone de Beauvoir- The Second Sex, then Judith Butler- Gender Trouble. You can go on with pretty much anything else then.
>>
That's a big rabbit.
>>
The Kuran
>>
>>8191917

Try googling "feminist authors"
>>
>>8191917
Its easier to understand the first or second wave if you see it from the point of view of an enslaved housewife or from a legit working class marxist.

Ferrante is neither but at least she is sincere about her friends experiences and the positive aspects of the men in her life.
>>
>>8192228
>legit
>>
I'll post my bibliography if you vote leave
>>
>>8192273
by legit i mean a sausage factory worker in naples who is beaten by fascists and raped by her manager.
>>
>>8191917
Your picture made me literally lol
>>
>>8191917
Joan of Arc senpai
>>
What kind of politics are you into?

If you're looking for a basic introduction to liberal feminism, you should read Mary Wollstonecraft's "A Vindication of the Rights of Women"

Personally, I like Shulamith Firestone's "The Distinctic of Sex", which is classic radical libertarian feminism.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.