[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Letter Left to Me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 220x323) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 220x323
What do you guys think of "pic related"? I've seen plenty of talk about other McElroy books, but not much about this one specifically. I just finished it. First of his I've read. Have A Smuggler's Bible ready to go. But I'd like to reflect a bit before going on. Anybody have any thoughts? How do you think it compares to the rest of his stuff? What was McElroy shooting for here? The odd/constant uses of quotes and italics? Were they meant to address questions of ontology/epistemology?

I'd love to hear any thoughts.
>>
>>8191616
No one here actually reads him. We just meme Women and Men.
>>
>>8191616
how's about we hear your thoughts you dick sucking fucking retard. I've been looking for this man's books everywhere. can never find them. might order them online of they are any good.
>>
>>8191793
Lol. Yeah dude, I just ordered them online. The Letter Left To Me is $.01 on Amazon, plus the standard $3.99 shipping charge from third-party sellers. I paid 15ish for A Smuggler's Bible. Seemed worth it. No library around has any of his stuff. TLLTM was worth four bucks for sure. It's short, very sentimental, beautiful at times. Coming-of-age stuff. If you've ever lost a parent/close friend/someone you cared about in general, I'm sure you'd gain something from it. Not as complex as the rest of his stuff (judging from what I've heard and the little bit I looked through in Smug's Bible. Looking forward to reading more of his work. One thing I know for sure: you'll want to talk about it when you're done.
>>
Anyone?
>>
>>8192682
I'm too busy posting bad photomanipulations of nude female centaurs on the internet.
>>
>>8192686
I understand.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.