[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
trans books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Nevada_Binnie.jpg.png (177 KB, 794x1227) Image search: [Google]
Nevada_Binnie.jpg.png
177 KB, 794x1227
this isn't bait pls don't meme me

are there any good books about being trans/with trans characters

this is the only one i found it was ok
>>
The Wasp Factory
>>
>>8190337
Middlesex, though it's more about identity, and intersexuality.
>>
We had this thread 2 days ago
>>
>>8190343
link?
it wasn't me who posted it
>>
>>8190343
No we had an edge thread.
>>
counting time till somebody suggests orlando :^)
>>
that book sucks lol
>>
>>8190337

you're WRONG, it was BAD.

It was really shallow. It couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a book that tries to distill the trans experience (it was super entry level, nothing more than what you'd get from talking to a trans person for 10 minutes) or simply a story involving a trans character (the story sucked).
>>
>>8190393
Try to use proper punctuation and capitalization.
>>
>>8190393
>>8190387
ok I agree that it was a little 101/didactic and doesn't hang together perfectly as a novel (I think it depends on how much you liked Maria, which I did, and could forgive her her flaws and mistakes), but I think it works on a lot of levels, one as a time capsule, I'm not trans but it looks like some things have changed for the good even since this was written and it'll be interesting to look at it 10, 20 years from now and just a more general slice of ny at that time among young trans/queer people
the second part really bummed me out
>>
>>8190483
>it'll be interesting to look at it 10, 20 years from now and just a more general slice of ny at that time among young trans/queer people

city of night by john rechy
>>
>>8190483

>>8190397
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.