[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I need some help.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1466369808935.gif (944 KB, 264x320) Image search: [Google]
1466369808935.gif
944 KB, 264x320
I don't know if this is the right board to post this on, this is actually my first time on /lit/, but I thought you all would be the best people to ask.

That is, how do you muster the motivation to write? For years I've been imagining stories and premises and I desperately want to actually write them down, but I just can't. Every time I try I just end up sitting there with the blank paper looking back at me. Half of the time I can't summon the motivation, always saying to myself that I'll do it tomorrow for sure. The other half of the time I end up getting anxious about how no one will like what I wrote and that I'll just be considered a failure.

So please, I need to know, how can I actually sit down and write something? I need help.
>>
>>8189712

Try having a couple of drinks.
>>
>>8189712
it only gets more difficult to rationalize from this point on, friendo.
>>
Just start jotting ideas down. Snippets of conversation, plot ideas, etc. Don't bother trying to make it good. Then begin writing down something, anything. Choose a starting point and let go. Make it a haphazard stream of consciousness if you want to. Let your imagination flow freely. Ideally, in time, you will get the hang of it, and will be able to better structure and organize your ideas, and that's when the real work starts.
>>
>>8189712
>asks question about writing
definitely wrong board, you're looking for >>/d/
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.