[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone on /lit/ been published? What is the title of your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: Smash Duh Beetles.jpg (55 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Smash Duh Beetles.jpg
55 KB, 600x600
Has anyone on /lit/ been published?
What is the title of your best known work?
How long did it take you to write?
How long did it take you to get published?
Has it all been worth it?
>>
My roommate worked at the university paper and published something I had written about the campus's ugliness and lack of character. It was published under a pseudonym because the architect who designed some of the newer buildings is very much alive and I don't want that kind of static.
>>
Wrote for a couple school newspapers. Did some MMA journalism online for a while. Have done blogs and put some poetry snd shit out there too, but no glorious published Work of Art for me, yet.
>>
No one on /lit/ accomplishes anything.
>>
>>8189612

>Has anyone on /lit/ been published?

I self-publish ebooks through Amazon's KDP programme.

>What is the title of your best known work?

No one should ever give the titles of their books on here. Too many spiteful people lurking about.

>How long did it take you to write?

I crank out a 20k novella every 2 months now (with editing and proofreading). It used to take me 6 months to do the same.

>How long did it take you to get published?

The process itself isn't long. You just need a good cover, figure out a blurb, and fill out all the details needed. It takes about a day for your submissions to go live.

>Has it all been worth it?

Financially? No. The most I've made is about £15 in a month. This month, I've sold no copies of any of my books. It turns out that the fantasy/horror/sci fi genres aren't that popular, especially not short stories. I'll have to put together a collection sometime soon.

But emotionally/spiritually, it's been great. I enjoy writing, I only work part-time (with the writing being a good excuse for it), and I've felt more mentally stimulated since I began working on various plots. It would be nice to get sales from my work, but the work itself is a good enough reward as it is.
>>
>Has anyone on /lit/ been published?
Yes.
>What is the title of your best known work?
Fuck off.
>How long did it take you to write?
A few months.
>How long did it take you to get published?
There are a shitload of magazines that'll publish anything, so not long.
>Has it all been worth it?
I'm only just beginning.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.