[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Isn't this a great book?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: childhoodsend.jpg (67 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
childhoodsend.jpg
67 KB, 600x600
Isn't this a great book?
>>
>>8189146

it has a pretty significant plot hole since after all the currently existing children were snatched into the united mind, w/e it was named, people clearly could conceive children again and iirc there is no mention if people tried to do it or not, if newly born children were snatched too (it could make quite touching parts of the novel... but it was never written), if humans became sterile or w/e etc, it's only said that they all died out before the earth was destroyed
>>
>>8189153

I thought they all just transcend this plane of existence.
>>
don't remember it that well desu, so probably not that great. whichever movie that's from looks better—i'd rather have just watched it
>>
>>8189182
the possessed children for a while roamed alone in the woods till they ascended into the united mind physically while the adults lived in the cities slowly dying out, some committed suicides

it's a huge plot hole that clark says nothing about attempts to make new children
>>
the syfy movie adaption was terrible

book was great though
>>
>>8189205
>Plot
>>
>>8189153
Wow, you fucking pseud tripfag. Try actually reading the book before you look like a jackass again.
>>
>>8189217
it's genre fiction, therefore the plot is important
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.