[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi /lit/, i´m currently reading this and loving it, what books
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4
File: 93157.jpg (40 KB, 257x400) Image search: [Google]
93157.jpg
40 KB, 257x400
Hi /lit/, i´m currently reading this and loving it, what books with the same tone would you recommend
>>
>>8189095
The Manuscript Found in Zaragoza by Jan Potocki.
>>
File: otranto.jpg (24 KB, 306x475) Image search: [Google]
otranto.jpg
24 KB, 306x475
>>8189095
The Castle of Otranto
>>
>>8189095
Melmoth the Wanderer
>>
>>8189095
Les Chants de Maldoror
Melmoth the Wanderer
The king in yellow
>>
File: 1457498939704.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1457498939704.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
>>8189095
If you came to this board expecting answers, such a fool you must be. This is a tomb where words of gut twisting hatred, soul crushing loss, and mind numbing solitude echo; we are here to release what the world has bestowed, not absorb it.

This place, to which some call home, is an instrument of emotional vivisection; a tool to remove the leeches named despair and self-malice which society had afflicted those they deemed a lesser.

To prosper here, one must learn balance by relishing in the disdain of those who post revilement, all the while purging cancerous thoughts that plague the heart. The touchless miserables here are not bound by this physical plane, but materialize through posts of written language behind the mask of anonymity. Make use of these robot readers so others may share your misery; articulate the burden of your weathered spirit who knows not the warmth and joy of an amorous bond.

Then learn to laugh along with the nihilists, gluttons, and the cursed; banter with the villains, the whores, the sick and perverse. In this dark corner of the interwebs, they are your cruel companions, your cohorts of self depravity; all bonded together as faceless rejects who world has forsaken.

So go and run, Opie, leave our secret club. You may yet have a chance to escape untainted from the emotive parasites which thrive in this board. May you never know the bedevilment which captivates us; the vexation of memetic imagery arousing mans most primitive sins. For I am envious, Opie, my path led to damnation. Forsaken was I, a worthless cretin; condemned to bear witness to the fleeting years of my priceless youth fade and my mortal vessel rot with age. This board has imprisoned me; sealing me away to a fate of endless decay, forever bickering among the other wretches of this cyberspace cafe for the socially aborted.
>>
>>8191111
fug off
>>
File: 1280px-Strawberry_Hill.jpg (303 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Strawberry_Hill.jpg
303 KB, 1280x960
>>8189290
this is a good choice

>>8191111
pretty cringeworthy there anon
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.