[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some good books about mommy issues?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: ccc.jpg (72 KB, 540x432) Image search: [Google]
ccc.jpg
72 KB, 540x432
What are some good books about mommy issues?
>>
Molloy
Franny and Zooey
Bright Lights, Big City
>>
your diary tbqh
>>
>>8188145
Thanks, I'll check 'em out.

>>8188146
I won't disagree.
>>
File: freud.jpg (149 KB, 1019x910) Image search: [Google]
freud.jpg
149 KB, 1019x910
All of them
>>
>>8188128
There's this book by late Moravia, I read it in danish but the title must be something like "Voyage to Rome", it's Oedipus cubed. The plot is basically the protagonist wanting to recreate a primal scene of his mom committing adultery
>>
The complete works of Stephen Molyneux.
>>
The collected works of Soren Kierkegaard, Friedrich Nietzsche, Max Stirner, Albert Camus, and Karl Marx.
>>
>>8188145
>Franny and Zooey. What? I did not get that out of that book at all.
>>
>>8189162
it's zooey's entire character
>>
>>8188128

>>8188145
Molloy is especially good, since it addresses both aspects of the Oedipus complex.
>>
>>8188128
that looks like a dope vaporwave album.
>>
No more Mr Nice Guy- Robert Glover
>>
Infinite Jest

seriously
>>
>>8189166
But Zooey was way more resentful towards his older brothers Seymore and Buddy. The shit with his mom in the bathroom was just affectionate banter.
>>
>>8189411
'mommy issues' doesn't necessarily mean 'i hate my mom'. he's performing the paternal role.
>>
>>8189449
That's a good point.
>>
Wouldn't say it's entirely about mommy issues, but Portnoy's Complaint
>>
>>8188128
Confessions of a Mask
Temple of the Golden Pavillion
>>8188185
underrated
>>
Sons and Lovers by Lawrence
>>
>>8189511
Most of his sexual peccadilloes stem from his mother's treatment towards him as a child

I love that scene where she talks about his "little peepee" or however it's phrased, absolutely gutbusting
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.