[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it any good? Will I go to hell if I read it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 300x384) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 300x384
Is it any good?
Will I go to hell if I read it?
>>
>>8186574
Silicon Valley?
>>
>>8186574
well, part of it is plagiarized. If your copy has an introduction with a "biography" of LaVey, make sure you take it with a grain of salt. A lot of LaVey's "biography" is just shit he made up to sound bigger than he was. For instance there is no proof he had a relationship with Marilyn Monroe or that he ever worked with the San Francisco Police as a photographer.

Also keep in mind the story of his first child, Zeena LaVey (now Zeena Shreeck). She was baptized in the Church of Satan at age 2. She became something of a spokeperson for the church. She got pregnant at age 13, probably from someone within the Church. Not saying that her (barely) teenage pregnancy is a direct result of Satanist thought, but that perhaps Anton LaVey's egoist and narcissist philosophy blinded him to the fact that someone was raping his daughter.
>>
I thought Pale Fire referenced LaVey as the family Occultist or something but then I realized that he came later
>>
levay was just some jew scam artist who ripped off ayn rand and called it satanism.

If you are interested in theistic satanism google order of the nine angles
>>
>>8186574
I thought it'd be a fun light read, but I found it obnoxiously edgy.
>>
>>8186934
it's an interesting read but I would definitely agree with it being excessively edgy. If hell is real I sincerely doubt reading that book will send you there. Satanism isn't even really an "evil" religion or anything, it's basically just atheism for people that want to feel special. It isn't a devil-worshipping manual or anything
>>
>>8187202
>Satanism isn't even really an "evil" religion or anything

what did it say then, im curious? just like do what you want y'all?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.