[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Karl Schmidt vs Max Stirner
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8
Karl Schmidt BTFO Johannes Schmidt AKA Big Forehead AKA the milkman AKA Max Stirner.

He was spooked by infinite consciousness, and Karl dragged it to its grave.

(Karl Schmidt was the last Young Hegelian and criticised Stirner in "The Realm of Understanding and The Individual" as well as "Love Letters Without Love. If you haven't read him you are most certainly a /leftypol/ shill and probably have a hypocritical understanding of the unique one as well.)
>>
File: Karl_Schmidt.png (380 KB, 1024x1983) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Schmidt.png
380 KB, 1024x1983
>>8186271
Jesus Christ this guy should have picked a more unique pseudonym, Stirner had him beat in that aspect.
Can someone link me where to buy or download Das Verstandestum und das Individuum? Can't find it but sounds interesting enough,
>>
>>8186325
That's because it wasn't a pseudonym.
Also was so obscure doesn't have a wiki page, find a reference to him on the young hegelians wiki page.

You can buy a part of the English translation called "The Individual" online, where he utterly BTFO'd Stirner though agreed on like 80% of what he said...point is you don't need to set your cause on nothing.
>>
>>8186371
Maybe that came across wrong, I'm saying he should have picked one tbqh.
>a part
That's only like the second half though, right?
>>
>>8186388
Yeah, but the first part is mostly about systematics and history. It's not vital to read. I mean if some fucker would translate it into English I'd love to read it, but...
>>
>>8186403
Forget about English translations, I can't even find the thing in German.
Even just the second part.
Oh well, I guess I'll put it on my reading list.
>>
>>8186422
=( Wow, really? Shit, didn't know he was so obscure. I've read him and he's actually really good so I don't get it.
>>
>>8186431
I sent the german anarchist library a mail about it, maybe I'll get a response and maybe someone will know something (a little hopeful, I'll admit).
Otherwise I'll just have to read The Individual.
>>
>Hegelians
>Btfo'ing anyone

Almost impressive, how far an ideology can get which harbours the impenetrability of Kant's prose - without any of the substance.
>>
>>8186640
>Stirner
>Not a Hegelian
Are you dense?

>Kant
>Impenetrable
Only if you're lazy and don't prepare for it.

>Without any of the substance
Confirmed for never having read anything on Hegel.
>>
>>8186650

Nothing Hegel wrote had any substance.
>>
File: 1466351282005.jpg (291 KB, 2332x1004) Image search: [Google]
1466351282005.jpg
291 KB, 2332x1004
>>8186640
>Kant
>not a Mißgeburt
>>
>>8186660
On the contrary, Hegel never wasted a sentence.
Why don't you think he had substance, anon? I can't help but just think you're being lazy.
>>
File: You're an asshole in itself.jpg (53 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
You're an asshole in itself.jpg
53 KB, 500x375
>>8186666

>I can see the Emperor's New Clothes!

Sure you can, bud.
>>
>>8186673
Does the world and its ideas constantly change?
Congratulations, you just took step 1 to accepting Hegel. Now read the rest of it.
>>
>>8186673
>Schopenasperger
Yeah ok bud
>>
File: Beat it.jpg (34 KB, 489x488) Image search: [Google]
Beat it.jpg
34 KB, 489x488
>>8186679

>accepting Hegel

If Hegel's 'idea' was that everything is in flux, then I trust I don't need to name the Ancient Greek from whom the idea was stolen.

>>8186756

Hegelians, when will they learn?
>>
>>8186774
it's based off that. His content is a method by which the difference between our idea of something and the something is erased. How is that not content?
>>
>>8186796
he stole the idea

he is a hack
>>
>>8186807
Of course he did, anon. Of course he did.
Seriously though, whether he did or not doesn't matter that's just personality bullshit. The point is it's correct.
>>
>>8186666
Cheked.
>>
File: edgy.jpg (62 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
edgy.jpg
62 KB, 500x375
Okay you name callers.

Can anyone comment on what Karl Schmidt said about Stirners philosophy. I mean if you want to get anything out of this this thread.
>>
Hegel is bullshit because a guy who posts Simpsons reaction images told me so
>>
>>8186846
o shit nigga thanks missed that
>>
>>8186852
kk

The main issue with Stirner is that he set his cause on nothing. At the end of the Hegelian dialectic, the individual exists by grace of the spirit. The law of spirit is applied to itself, the individual takes it into itself, and drags spirit to its grave. Upon the pre-made world of the dialectic (the continuous rubble formed when the physical and psychical worlds sink into one another) the individual is the *last* thing in existence. It is a singularity, the one discreteness. It proclaims "I am nothing but myself". It doesn't need to set its cause, because being the one thing in existence, the final evidence of the dialectic, it justifies itself.

The corollary of this is *almost* identical to Stirner save a few things.

1. The labelling of one's self as egoist, it is hypocritical, as the individual is undefinable.

2. The unique one under Stirner is justified by comparisons to others. Comparisons of ideas, aspects. This lies in the realm of spirit. Having killed spirit, the aspects are no longer definable to the individual. The individual is not "free" or "X" or whatever, the individual just exists for itself. Ideology is shit, attempts to corner the individual and limit it.

He's the proto-existentialist, basically. Infinite consciousness is a spugg.
>>
>>8186914
So basically this is just a hegelclub internal pissy fight?
What valuable new insight does this give us?
>>
>>8186929
do you just show up in people's toilets and ask them what valuable new insight this gives us? are you a positivist or something? rarely heard anything more annoying
it's between two hegelians, ofc it's hegelian
it's also happens to be a decent repudiation of a meme on our board
>>
>>8186929
You sound like an obnoxious asshole. Calm down hot shot.

>What valuable new insight.
>"I judge an idea based on use and not correctness"
>>
>>8186943
>>8186984
I admit it was a little obnoxious, I'm just struggling to grasp how this justifies (and I'll admit, I haven't read it, I'm basing this on what I've gathered so far) OP's spectacular promise of stirner btfo destroyed roasted shitfucked back to the fucking stoneage etc. and so on and so on
>>
>>8186991
The entire foundation of his philosophy, infinite consciousness gets destroyed. How is this not a really important step in proving that Stirner was wrong on the core of his ideas?
>>
>>8187008
DEFINE "INFINITE CONSCIOUSNESS".
>>
>>8187036
I assumed you'd read Hegel since you knew Stirner, soz.
Infinite consciousness = universal = extension of consciousness of humanity
>>
>>8187045
Please do not confuse me with this dimwit >>8187036, lest I decide to don a trip.
>>
>>8187095
shut up dummy
>>8187008
wahht do you mean by core of his ideas?
>>8186914
what the fuck is your point retard
>>
im sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>
File: Enemy.jpg (426 KB, 1651x2100) Image search: [Google]
Enemy.jpg
426 KB, 1651x2100
>>8186914
I can't claim I understand you.
Still, I have the feeling I don't have to:
The value of Stirners rants can be grasped, at least to some extent, without understanding him when he tries to fit his philosophy into the Hegelian dialectics, and all the talk about the ontology of "I", "self" and so on.

I'm all for investigating the "subject" as a concept and to find frameworks to make sense of it. But that's philosophy as an academic subject. I don't read philosophers to include them in a literature review or to write my own philosophy book in which I work out contrasts to old philosophers.
I read philosophy to form my view on how to live, and live a somewhat happy life at that..
>>
>>8186271
Yikes. You've just discovered him, haven't you? If you had actually read anything by him you'd realize pretty quickly that Stirner BTFO Karl.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.