[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Libraries
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: LibraryThing_Logo_medium.png (11 KB, 500x158) Image search: [Google]
LibraryThing_Logo_medium.png
11 KB, 500x158
How patrish is my library /lit/? How's yours?
http://www.librarything.com/catalog/booksarefornerds/yourlibrary
>>
Can you choose which edition have you read, like Goodreads? I might migrate.
>>
>>8185770
This looks like a bearbones goodreads tracker without year challenges or the ability to show off to people on facebook. Explain why it is good.
>>
>>8185770
WHAT’S GOOD?

>Catalog your books from Amazon, the Library of Congress and 1051 other libraries.
>Catalog your movies and music too.
>Find new books to read.
>Talk about what you love with other committed bibliophiles.
>Track and lend your books.
>Snag a book from over 2000 early-release books every month.
>Enter 200 items for free, as many as you like for $10 (year) or $25 (life).
>Enter 200 items for free, as many as you like for $10 (year) or $25 (life).
>as many as you like for $10 (year) or $25 (life).
>$10 (year) or $25 (life)

Goodreads might be loaded for plebs, but this is for rubes. Who has only read 200 books? If I could just upload isbn via csv i might migrate, but I have close to a thousand books to upload.
>>
>>8185788
Don't you want to be hip and countercultural? Who uses facebook anyway?
>>
>>8185805
I'm in my 30s, so everybody I know.
>>
>>8185788
It's not a social media tracker. It's for cataloging libraries. They have a front end built-in for you, even. OP's would be https://www.librarycat.org/lib/booksarefornerds
>>
>>8185809
Free your inner child.
>>
>>8185803
You have the option to pay what you want for cataloging over 200 books. Meaning, most people just pay $1. And it's free most of the time, like if you use the app or moved from Shelfari, etc.
>>
>>8185813
>>8185819
So you upload your ebooks and lend/borrow with other people? I still dont understand.
>>
>>8185819
Goodreads does this for free though.
>>
>>8185823
You could host them somewhere and link to the file hosting in the item description, then have it "checked out" and "checked in", yeah. A few libraries are doing that. But most of them have physical media too.

>>8185828
It doesn't have the same ability to catalog, though. You can't pick where your information comes from, you can't have multiple editions of the same books cataloged, and Goodreads has none of the features that make LibraryThing for libraries.

I use both and am not the OP, but I've always liked LT better. Might just be the fact of its more mature userbase too. My favorite feature has always been "Members with your books". It's nice to find people who have so many similar books to you; I've found some very good internet friends that way.
>>
Why are all the entry dates from fucking 2007
>>
>>8185839
Probably not OP's account.

https://www.librarything.com/profile/booksarefornerds
>>
>>8185837
and here's mine btw (had to remove personal info)

https://www.librarycat.org/lib/sriq
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.