[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ASOIAF
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2
File: 234324234324.jpg (352 KB, 1000x423) Image search: [Google]
234324234324.jpg
352 KB, 1000x423
How do book readers feel that an adaption is now spoiling the source material? Do you think GRRM is ashamed of what he has done to book fans or is he too fixated on his artery-thickening meals? I don't even mind waiting five years for a new book. But now I'm waiting while everyone around me is spoiling the books by talking about the latest episode. How did GRRM think this one through?
>>
It's not spoiling anything, the tv producers can go every fucking direction they want it to go and you know damn well GRRM will just bend down and take it anyway.
>>
>>8185487
The adaptation doesn't do justice to the author. GRRM has no children and devoted his life to ASOIAF. D&D wasted it all.
>>
>>8185487
if you can't separate the two mediums you're autistic
>>
>>8185487
The show only spoils things to an extent. The context of certain events is still missing.

For example, no one will be surprised to learn that Stannis doesn't survive his campaign, but it seems unlikely that he'll go down in the same manner he does in the show. It's even possible that he takes Winterfell before things start going badly.
>>
File: 1465042531019.webm (558 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
1465042531019.webm
558 KB, 720x404
>>8187727
Yeah he seems really devoted to writing Winds of Winter
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.