[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Let's say I've written 20 poems and want to publish
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1466375338086.jpg (34 KB, 640x425) Image search: [Google]
1466375338086.jpg
34 KB, 640x425
Let's say I've written 20 poems and want to publish them in a little book.

What happens from on here? I pay for publishing a book, also have to pay for 'x' amount of copies, and I'm also very likely to never make any money out of it right?

Basically this is done for my own soul right? Since there will probably never be any benefits out of it?
>>
If you're a total unknown, then yes.
>>
Don't worry maybe you'll end up like nikolai gogol

>"He had hoped for literary fame, and brought with him a Romantic poem of German idyllic life – Hans Küchelgarten. He had it published, at his own expense, under the name of "V. Alov." The magazines he sent it to almost universally derided it. He bought all the copies and destroyed them, swearing never to write poetry again."
>>
Send manuscripts to publishers, magazines. Pull some strings eventually. If you are good, you might even get a rejection letter.
>>
>>8185469
>probably
There will be zero benefits, I promise that much.
>>
>>8185472
Thought so.

>>8185476
This made me laugh. I'm not hoping for fame or money or anything. However, I do like writing poems I guess, and don't want them to be stuck in my notebook only. So I thought maybe if I publish few copies someone might enjoy them if they pick up the book.

>>8185485
''If you are good, you might even get a rejection letter.'' This made me laugh harder than it should haha.
>>
>tfw when someone does know. They tell you they love you. They don't really. They stopped even pretending to care.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.