[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite gospel in The Bible and why? What's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
What's your favourite gospel in The Bible and why?

What's your favourite translation?

Me, I like the book of Luke, I love its writing style, precise and careful and full of craftsmanship, and reads as an accurate and objective history. I love its emphasis on works and actions rather than laws and stories, and I love Acts. Luke writes with a clinical precision.

For translation I like The Geneva Bible.

>The spirit of the Lord is upon me. Wherefore he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, he hath sent me to heal the contrite of heart, To preach deliverance to the captives and sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of reward.
>>
The Gospel of Thomas.

Also, the Jefferson Bible serves as a good "gospel."
>>
>>8185009
i met a kid named thomas, he was fucking fat and basically stupid
>>
>>8184618
John. That weird start really gets me going.
>>
>>8185009
Kill yourself.
>>
The Gospel of Mark is unlike any of the others. God enters a man during his baptism by John to allow him to perform miracles. He travels trying to help people and teach them the ways of God. No one understands. Not the mob, Romans or his disciples. Those he tries to help turn on him, torture him brutally and execute him. At the moment of death he wonders why God allows this to happen. He dies, there is no resurrection. His life was absurd and pointless.
>>
>>8184618

John

> Because I Live, You Shall Live Also
>>
>>8184618
fuck off constantine
>>
File: 1346151368175.jpg (36 KB, 350x427) Image search: [Google]
1346151368175.jpg
36 KB, 350x427
>>8186565
>He dies, there is no resurrection.
"1 And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalen and Mary the mother of James and Salome bought sweet spices, that coming, they might anoint Jesus.
2 And very early in the morning, the first day of the week, they come to the sepulchre, the sun being now risen.
3 And they said one to another: Who shall roll us back the stone from the door of the sepulchre?
4 And looking, they saw the stone rolled back. For it was very great.
5 And entering into the sepulchre, they saw a young man sitting on the right side, clothed with a white robe: and they were astonished.
6 Who saith to them: Be not affrighted. you seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen: he is not here. Behold the place where they laid him.
7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter that he goeth before you into Galilee. There you shall see him, as he told you."
>>
Amazing psalm, amazing version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEMlflURsPU
>>
I like John because it has some of the best verses in terms of salvation

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 10:28
And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.