[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
could Gene Wolfe's Book of The New Sun be filmed? who should
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: severian.jpg (430 KB, 800x1158) Image search: [Google]
severian.jpg
430 KB, 800x1158
could Gene Wolfe's Book of The New Sun be filmed? who should be the director? who should play Severian?

I feel it could be made into an amazing film trilogy if made by the right people, which would obviously never happen. Even the odds of it being filmed are minimal, which is a shame because it's an amazing novel with a very well built world and lore.
>>
>>8184044
>could Gene Wolfe's Book of The New Sun be filmed? who should be the director? who should play Severian?

Yes, that guy who directed the Warcraft movie, that guy who plays Jon Snow.
>>
>>8184044

the road to be filmed how it was set by the witcher it's to have a successful game made after it first (:

also who knows what they film in the future

p.s. though the witcher apparently was filmed in poland way back too, before the game was made, i bet it was a shitty movie
>>
James Franco should direct it and should play all the characters except for a few who will be played by Jonah Hill Seth Rogen and Zac Efron
>>
>>8184317
Aramini checking in. I will play Hethor. I was born to deliver the stammering "estrapade to grind their joints" revenge speech about a stolen sex doll.
>>
>>8184286
How old are you Kitty?
>>
>>8184330
>I will play Hethor. I was born to deliver the stammering "estrapade to grind their joints" revenge speech about a stolen sex doll.

but will you be able to cup agia's naked boobs without blushing (:

>Agia stood behind me, naked to the waist, and Hethor behind her, showing all his rotten teeth as he cupped her breasts.
>>
>>8184355
i googled about that film, i was too young when it was released lol
>>
>trilogy
It would have to be at least four movies. Five if The Urth of the New Sun was filmed.
>>
It should be made with old-school special effects. And in black and white. Vague imagery is important- using camera angles and lighting the same way Wolfe uses obscure words with indeterminate meanings (for example how the citadel is actually an old spaceport, or how Severian describes animals and weaponry- the reader will not notice these right away)
>>
>>8184286
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZlIMnIe9e0

It made only 1 season, but it was pretty good considering poland. Hercules level graphics.
>>
>>8184373
But of course ;) i can cup my own without shame, what matter Agia's? Wolfe likes his leading men tall - gotta take the worthwhile bit parts, and Hethor has more angst than dr. Talos, and isn't probably a ginger ...
>>
The only film done should be the Urth of the New Sun, it works well by introducing and giving completion to the BotNS.
>>
>>8184583
6' isn't tall, just above average (especially not in western europe)... you tiny fucking manlet, Aramini.
>>
>>8184713
>above average
>not tall
>>
>>8184515
>geralt: warrior princess
>>
Some parts of UotNS are literally unfilmable. You can't film four-dimensional space
>>
>>8184044
>could Gene Wolfe's Book of The New Sun be filmed?
I guess, but it would be something quite different
>who should be the director? who should play Severian?
Mamoru Oshii, so just a voice actor
>I feel it could be made into an amazing film trilogy if made by the right people, which would obviously never happen. Even the odds of it being filmed are minimal, which is a shame because it's an amazing novel with a very well built world and lore.
I'm okay with it not getting an awful adaptation which shits over such a masterwork.
>>
>>8184757
>6" inch dick is big when the world average is 5.5"
Literally lolling at you, manlet
>>
No, but Tracking Song should get turned into a movie.
>>
>>8184713
If just above average isn't tall, then just below average (5'8") isn't short, but we both know it is short. Any deviation from norm makes one slightly short or tall.
>>
>>8184044
It should be made in anime and Anno will direct it while Gen Urobuchi write the script.
>>
>>8186446
this
>>
>>8186446
This could actually work
>>
>>8184795

I mean it was 2002 so they were only about five years behind.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.