[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I have an hour commute by train, and typically it's packed.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: audio books.jpg (22 KB, 480x358) Image search: [Google]
audio books.jpg
22 KB, 480x358
So I have an hour commute by train, and typically it's packed. I was wondering what were some good audio books to listen to make the most of my time? Any fun reads/listens? And good free books out there?

I have a few:
Think and Grow Rich
7 Habits of Highly effective people
Zero to On

I have them mostly because I want to open my own business, but anything else from business to philosophy to humor would be appreciated.
>>
File: 1448572902890.jpg (20 KB, 304x277) Image search: [Google]
1448572902890.jpg
20 KB, 304x277
Bumping!
>>
Op /lit dislikes those self improvement books. Tho my mom keeps pushing me to read them, i probably should to be a good boy.

But desu i find an hour of head phones hurts my ears with the loud noise of train (so i have to crank up volumn) just read those books in paper desu.
>>
why don't you read for yourself?
>>
the audio book's only use is as a sleep aid, they move too slowly to actively listen to

i once tried henry vi in the car, but i couldnt follow it while driving
>>
>>8183070
Why not a real book?
>>
>>8184337
Self-improvement books were just an example, I'm really open to any suggestions.

>>8184397
I've brought a few books with me on the train but usually it's so packed during rush hour that it becomes more of a hassle. Plus I figure I can also maximize my time at the gym as well by listening while i'm on the treadmill or lifting.
>>
>>8183070
If you like fantasy at all, The Blade Itself has a really good audiobook.
>>
>>8183070
silence of the lambs is pretty good (unabridged)
>>
>zero to one

peter theil is such a bozo
>>
OP, you are an irredeemable moron. sorry.
>>
>Slavoj Zizek - Lecture To Begin - From The Beginning by Slavoj Zizek
Narrated by: Slavoj Zizek

just saw this...who the fuck thought having zizek read an audiobook was a good idea holy shite
>>
>>8184973
I need this, I have watched so many Zizek videos I can't even read his books without hearing his voice anyway.
>>
>>8183070
The Godfather, and The Sicilian by Mario Puzo
>>
>>8183070
>7 Habits of Highly effective people
garbage

Why audiobooks and not physical books? Or even ebooks?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.