[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How kind of the publishing industry to label all shit books for
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (9 KB, 211x239) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
9 KB, 211x239
How kind of the publishing industry to label all shit books for plebs so we don't buy them by mistake.
>>
>>8181279
i dunno bud they look nice all together on the book shelf
>>
>>8181279
>>8181594
literally like they're in prison

Jail Bird Books
>>
File: JAMISON754.jpg (1 MB, 2160x3035) Image search: [Google]
JAMISON754.jpg
1 MB, 2160x3035
>>8181279
>Not buying a bunch of penguins so that you can have a flock
>>
>>8181721
Penguins form colonies.
>>
>>8181733
get out of hear you fucking nerd
>>
>>8181279
reading Heart of Darkness penguin classic right now.
Talk shit about Joseph Conrad, I'll fucking fight you
>>
A CHALLENGER APPEARS
>>
>>8182369
Their edition of HoD is good in my book

Honestly, the stuff they put out varies in quality. Penguin is unfairly maligned here
>>
Penguin is fine for classics. For translated classics, I will usually get the Oxford World's Classics edition, if the translation is more recent.
>>
>tfw interview at Penguin that you were really confident about
>goes well
>get call back that they gave it to someone else
>find out later that my girlfriend had bought me a tie with penguins on it and had to return it
feels bad man
any other publishingbros stuck at norton
>>
>are they real leather bound pounds?
my reaction to your snobbishness. Penguin is nice for when you're poor but still want to catch up on classics.
>>
File: 1460870697336.png (1 MB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460870697336.png
1 MB, 1080x1080
>>8185089

That's sad anon
>>
File: 1405405147581.jpg (23 KB, 424x417) Image search: [Google]
1405405147581.jpg
23 KB, 424x417
>>8185089

Fuck, hearing that made me groan audibly. Sorry bro. I'm glad I went with Oxford for my last order.
>>
>>8185103
When you are poor you steal books from the library instead of buying them.

There is nothing wrong with Penguin though, besides that time they published Morrisey's biography, also those standard books with the glossy photograph in the top half look like shit and the translations are often bad. And little black classics are a pleb trap
>>
>>8185144
>And little black classics are a pleb trap

how
>>
>>8185147
Not him, but my beef with them is that too often they're just outtakes, ripped out of context and presented as something stand-alone.
>>
>>8185147
You are dealing with very cheap translations and abridged versions of actual good books
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.