[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>had a long spring semester (tons of essays, read all of House
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
File: Loplop.jpg (35 KB, 723x556) Image search: [Google]
Loplop.jpg
35 KB, 723x556
>had a long spring semester (tons of essays, read all of House of Leaves in 2 weeks for a class)
>summer is finally here and I have free time to read what I want
>the thought of reading feels daunting and tedious

I'm an English major and I really struggle with inhaling books the way other people seem to be able to. I remember reading for hours when I was little, but now I can barely muster the attention for 5 pages. Maybe the books I was reading as a kid were below my reading level and the books I want to read now are above my (comfortable) reading level. Or maybe the internet has fucked me up. Maybe the side effects of starting Prozac a few weeks ago are compounding these problems.

Sorry for the diary post. I'm just frustrated because I want to huff books the way others do, but I don't feel like I have the fortitude, discipline, or energy to do it. Feel free to sage and/or post that 5 pages a day copypasta.
>>
>>8179919
Why don't you read some easier books just for fun, then gradually build it up. Have there be a degree of transition, it might increase your enjoyment of books.
>>
>>8179919
I had to read House of Leaves for a class quick too, I feel you.
>>
File: 1358645849427.jpg (83 KB, 374x603) Image search: [Google]
1358645849427.jpg
83 KB, 374x603
>have the flu
>depressed
>don't work out
>don't read
>just spend all day on the internet and eat burgers
>>
>>8179919

>english major

>not reading

>actually has to read house of leaves for class

>doesn't have enough books on tap to find one to enjoy

sounds about right
>>
>>8180816
Don't know why you're shitting on House of Leaves. It's a great, complex book.
>>
>>8179919
I love that painting. I remember i made a copy of it when i was a kid for art class using pastel crayons. It's long lost but i remember it came out great.
>>
What kind of college makes you read House of Leaves lmao
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.