[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are at an event of some kind. You are mingling. This guy
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: trump supporter.jpg (28 KB, 306x503) Image search: [Google]
trump supporter.jpg
28 KB, 306x503
You are at an event of some kind. You are mingling. This guy starts talking to you. It's clear he's hopelessly red-pilled, and very annoying. You want him to stop talking to you, but he's a good friend or relative of so-and-so and you can't be rude outright. He's talking about literature, and he asks you your favourite book. You want him to leave you alone—what book do you choose?
>>
This will be a bad thread
>>
If I say somethin librul, it could just agitate him and make him argue with me.

So I will go with the crazy route and talk about some batshit Timecube-tier self-published work and get REALLY enthusiastic about it just making shit up as I go until he's weirded out enough to go away.
>>
>>8179795
where did that come from? You a psychic or something? you're scaring me. what's going on
>>
"my-- oh, one second. erica! you look amazing!"

instead of being some autist making conversation with people i don't want to talk to.
>>
>>8179795
wow shitty bait threads are bad? who knew!
>>
>tfw have to begrudgingly friend some dude on facebook that i met in the religious section of half price books just so i didnt have to give him my number

why
>>
>>8179795
Most people who click on this thread will think
>I know, I'd tell him, like, a postcolonial novel by a black lesbian about—except I don't know any novels by black lesbians... fuck... I don't just want to post Chinua Achebe...

then they'll give up, not post, and move on
>>
>>8179791
Notes, like I recommend anyone else nurturing an idealism that the world will eventually prove wrong.
>>
>>8179791
Michelle Obama's Bring Our Girls Back.
>>
I say the Nibelungenlied just to get him off my back.

And if he can talk about 13th century Germanic epic poetry, so much the better.
>>
>>8179791

The Holy Bible
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.