[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
was he autistic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: Williams Stoner939.jpg (287 KB, 827x1300) Image search: [Google]
Williams Stoner939.jpg
287 KB, 827x1300
was he autistic?
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>8179309
Lmao, what. To me he just seemed as a super chill guy
>>
no, he just had a superior brain and thought patterns than your own

hence your inability to comprehend the sublime beauty of this book
>>
>>8179359
Useless Father who stood back and did nothing when his slutty alcoholic daughter was out every night with the local boys.

Didn't have the courage to take Lomax on, and thus stayed unhappily married to a woman who was a cunt and let the love of his life run away.

Fuck him.
>>
>>8179403
pretty sure lomax was cucking him the whole time too
>>
>>8179403
Yea well, he could be a little more strict and actually show some dominance over his fucking crazy wife. Tbh i would escape with that other student woman too, maybe he just was to indifferent
>>
>>8179429
I think he had his parents mentality ingrained in him. If you took away his interest in literature, he was his Father's son.
>>
>>8179451
Maybe, his parents(or father atleast) seemed kinda indifferent themselves.
>>
this thread is ridiculous.
there were literal explanations for every action and choice.
it could not be more direct.
he was neither autistic, nor a bad husband, nor a bad father.

the reading comprehension going on here is atrocious.
>>
>>8179496
so he was just a beta puss?
>>
Here's a thing I didn't understand. The opening page claims that no one thought much of him and students don't remember him, but towards the end he's described as becoming a sort of legend on campus and that his teaching can have a profound affect on his students. How do those line up?
>>
>>8179527
I thought the same. The way I figured it is that the Lomax-Stoner drama was gradually swept under the rug, and his reputation then turned into being some eccentric cog in the degree-machine the university was becoming.
>>
>>8179496

I don't know anything about clinical definitions of autism- apparently it's a really broad, inclusive spectrum of symptoms- but he was extremely introverted, one could argue pathologically so.

It's arguable that he was a bad husband and father. I'm confused why you think this is a matter of objective fact than subjective opinion.
>>
>>8179527
It meant that the current crop of students at the university when he died don't remember him, not the students he actually taught.
>>
>>8179451
>The son of his father is his father's son
Insightful, relly makes you think
>>
>>8179705
are you unfamiliar with the term?
>>
>>8181854
You're unfamiliar with my dick
>>
>>8179403
>>8179429
haven't read, but why does he marry his wife in the first place if she's so bad? or is she nice at first?
>>
>>8183151
they barely talk and get married pretty quick
>>
>>8183209
Stupid breeders.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.