[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there room for affirmative action in the arts? I'm on
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: affirmativeaction.png (215 KB, 645x766) Image search: [Google]
affirmativeaction.png
215 KB, 645x766
Is there room for affirmative action in the arts?

I'm on the BBC writers room website and it seems like they always have lots of race-specific opportunities advertised there.
>>
>>8179301
Here we go again!
>>
File: india.png (275 KB, 646x661) Image search: [Google]
india.png
275 KB, 646x661
>>8179301
Also, their website has job advertisements that specifically request only non-white people apply.

This means you are at a huge disadvantage if you're white. Not only are these special job listings not available to you, the jobs that are will be contended by all races as well as some of the most educated and experienced people in the country.

Your chances of success are greatly diminshed.
>>
>>8179301
as long as they don't expect white male shekels or viewers, I don't see the problem
>>
>>8179357
Everybody who lives in the UK and watches TV must pay a £150 TV license annually (serious).
>>
Fucking lol.

If you can find one example of the BBC portraying British youths as being a demographic with less than 50 % non whites I will literally give you a million pounds
>>
>>8179323

You roll your eyes when black people bitch about this shit, and now you're using them as an example for your own behavior?
>>
>>8179323
Just apply anyway. If you make it far then make a big show out of it when they call you out on it.
>>
>>8179405
That's actually a great idea for a character in a book.

A white man who pretends to be Indian and gets lots of success as an Indian author and must endeavour to conceal his real identity.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.