[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was Stephen Dedalus a gay?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: 2016-06-18-21-07-27--351826313.jpg (4 KB, 144x144) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-18-21-07-27--351826313.jpg
4 KB, 144x144
Was Stephen Dedalus a gay?
>>
>>8178985

>be Stephen Dedalus
>be Jame Joyce's alter ego
>be oppressed due to religion and right-winged Irishmen running the country into the ground
>fuck a prostitute cuz I want dat pussai
>feel terrible and the preacher who probably touched me and my buddies in our pooper is freaking me right the fuck out with this hell shit
>idgaf actually
>I am to be liberated
>going to go to the mainland and write some shit
>Joyce (me in the real world) loves fucking some Nora pussy among others
>real life counterpart has two children and still fucks nora
>perversion with women so bad my real life counterpart thought he went blind because of his maddening fetishes with dapussai

>some faggot over a hundred years later thinks I'm a fucking gay.
>>
>>8179013
The dialog between him and Buck seems kinsa questionable though
>>
Why would you think that he is gay?
Because he loves art and the girl he wanted found another man more attractive?
>>
>>8179020
He hates buck...
>>
>>8179021
>>8179023
I only read the first 50 pages
>>
File: Lucia.jpg (119 KB, 872x1297) Image search: [Google]
Lucia.jpg
119 KB, 872x1297
was there any evidence that Joyce was having intercourse with his daughter Lucia?

F A ∞
>>
Was I gay?
>>
>>8178985
why would you even ask this question
>>
File: fsharpasharpinfinity.jpg (39 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
fsharpasharpinfinity.jpg
39 KB, 500x500
>>8179317
>>
>>8180120
Because I wanted to know

Buck gets mad about Kinch not caring about his mother, which leads me to believe they're a gay couple.
They're also living together. Mulligan and Steve are talking about going to Greece while steve's shaving, and then when Steve asks Buck a question, he replies with "Yes my love?"

Just some observations
>>
>tfw no Buck Mulligan bf to mock your core values
>>
>>8179325

Are you OP?
>>
>>8179317
No, but she was a major slut
>>
>>8180177
Back to barracks with you.
>>
>Staunch friend, a brother soul: Wilde's love that dare not speak its name.
>>
>>8180143
It's a really dumb observation.
The love could have been a joke or anything else really, especially at that time with two dudes living together not being gay at all, because roommates.
>>
In older books almost nobody is gay or portrayed that way, the authors weren't gay so they hardly wrote them in, people will try to find symbolism like ops tiny brain did in irrelevant things.

Men still kiss on the lips and cheek in the middle east, they must all be homosexual though.
>>
>>8180525
http://www.joyceproject.com/notes/030114darenotspeak.htm

http://www.joyceproject.com/notes/010022hellenise.htm
>>
>>8180525
I mean the Orlando Shooting guy was gay
>>
>>8179023
>hatefucking isn't the best fucking
>>8179317
Common sense.
>>
>>8180525

>authors weren't gay

i like the way you assume things
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.