[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts, /lit/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: WoT01_TheEyeOfTheWorld.jpg (56 KB, 309x475) Image search: [Google]
WoT01_TheEyeOfTheWorld.jpg
56 KB, 309x475
Friends recommended it, but should they stay friends?
>>
>>8178632
No, you Don't deserve friends
>>
>>8178632
Suffers from classic worldbuildingitis; each book grows increasingly devoid of actual plot. Plus they brought in that hack Sanderson to write the last one.
>>
The World of Time as a whole is very entertaining. I really loved the world, the magic, most of the characters, the history etc. Book seven, eight and nine are a bit slower but still entertaining, book ten is a whooole lot slower, but book eleven really picks up and twelve, thirteen and fourteen by Sanderson are pretty entertaining as well. Recommended.
>>
>>8178632
It's good in places, but not enough to justify reading it all.
>>
that dude is fucking huge lel
>>
It's fine if you want generic Tolkien-esqe fantasy. I've kept the series on the back burner for a few years, it's a good go-to.
>>
fantasy as a whole is a shit genre

grew out of it once i left middle school tbqh
>>
I quit after book seven and never looked back. Dull and long-winded.
>>
If you're going to read self-indulgent fantasy why not something a bit more original like malazan?
>>
>>8180248
This, couldn't have said it better myself.
>>
>>8178632
It's an excellent fantasy saga if you're willing to put the time into it and go into it realizing that it's going to be slow at some parts.
It's that simple really, not sure why it gets hated on sometimes.
>>
>>8178632
Friend gave it to me for christmas. Never read it
>>
>>8178632
Read like five books on a cruise.
It was rather decent. Slow at parts.
But it plays classic tropes and if you're a sucker for classic fantasy, then you'll like it.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.