[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Music with books.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
I'm reading H.P.Lovecraft novels actually, and I wish read it with a good music which coordinates with the atmosphere of L.
Same case of Allan Edgar Poe.

Also, perhaps do you have reading records references?
>>
>>690274769
Why do you read with music playing?
>>
>>8178051
Why do you see a movie with a soundtrack? Because it can increases the feeling when you read something.

Some people can't be concentrated when music is played, but it can be great.

For example one day I read Dante's Divine Comedy with gangsta rap instrumentals, it was so great I read aloud some extracts and few of my friends liked it.
>>
>>8178129
>Why do you see a movie with a soundtrack?

Film is art in totality, it brings together visual and auditory art. The emotional scope of film is almost boundless. It's much the follow through of Wagnerian drama.

Music is to be enjoyed as music

Literature is to be enjoyed as literature.

The only patrician way to listen to music while reading is to read the novel and its corresponding tone poem. Pausing from the book to enjoy some of the tone poem, to then pause the music and return to the book.
>>
File: selectedambientworksII.jpg (65 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
selectedambientworksII.jpg
65 KB, 550x550
This, and Brian Eno's ambience go well with most.

>>8178185
Really, for the same reason Brian Eno made a soundtrack for airports. Music is noise, it's auditory, you're going to hear some distracting noise when you read. The cycle of a fan, a car driving by, none of them inherently have anything to do with the text itself. But having audio that compliments the text itself isn't impossible.
>>
>>8178001
Hellraiser ost?
>>
>>8178231
>>8178249
Thanks I will try it.

A friend advised me some vaporwave or japanese stuff, but I don't have exact references and I don't now what to hear right now.
>>
spooky droney dark ambient like Lustmord and Sleep Research Facility would go well with HPL
>>
>>8178001
Only ever read with music when it's non-fiction books.
>>
>>8178001
https://www.youtube.com/user/cryochamberlabel

You're welcome.
>>
>>8178231
>Music is noise
>Brian Eno

hello plebo
>>
Tried beginng the story with the witch's house with Funk City - Hantasi.
It was good.

>>8178280
>>8178299
Thank you anons, I'll check that as soon as possible! (European hour, I need to sleep)

>>8178288
As I said in >>8178129 it depends the context and the reading.
For me the most important thing when I read a book is to feel something, and it's better if all my senses used with a great music.
>>
>>8178001
For horror I recommend Atrium Carceri. It is dark ambient, perfect for horror. Cryo Chamber, their record label, has several Lovecraft themed ambient mixes on YouTube.
>>
>>8178001

Not so much music, but good ambient sounds help quite a lot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4jlK9KWNnQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64SYhp7esxA
>>
>>8178306
Are you suggesting
1) Music is not noise, IE Audio IE your ears registering sound IE the sense of hearing
2) That Brian Eno is bad

What the fuck are you on about, really?
>>
>>8178001
Lovecraft is my favorite author when it comes to straight entertainment I'm dead though and have never heard music
>>
>>8178676
Deaf I mean ha
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.