[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
which philosopher is the simplest to understand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: 1464112498839.gif (1 MB, 212x212) Image search: [Google]
1464112498839.gif
1 MB, 212x212
which philosopher is the simplest to understand?
>>
Jacques Derrida
>>
Fuck off back to /tv/.

Do you base all your tastes, your entire life off things people on 4chan tell you to? Are you that much of a moron?
>>
Honestly not a bad question. It gets kind of boring and is impossible to figure them all out, and who has the time between labour and chores? Might as well get a great handle on one that doesn't lead down a rabbit hole of variations and updates.
>>
>>8177237
but i don't even visit /tv/ often i just like RLM
>>
>>8177224

Martin Heidegger.
>>
>>8177224
Political philosphy is mostly the simplest, unless it's systematic and relies on metaphisics like Aquinas.
>>
>>8177224
Camus.
Still an amazing author though.
>>
>>8177321
Eh... If you're familiar with his references and name drops, maybe.

I'd say Plato
>>
>>8177250
I actually have found Being and Time to be much easier than I expected it to be.
>>
personally I wouldn't call him a philosopher but Chomsky I guess
>>
>>8177224
Schopenhauer, Plato, Rousseau can all be understood with no background knowledge
>>
>>8177248
>unironically watching Reddit Letter Media

Even worse
>>
>>8177224
For me the easiest philosophers to understand are the ones who wrote in English. Hobbes, Locke, Mills are all pretty good.
>>
>>8177224
yes yes, very good question,very good... HOWEVER
>>
>>8177343
>>8177364
Would reading the presocratic stuff be considered essential?
>>
I bought Plato's Last Days of Socrates, and it is absurdly simple.

Schopenhauer is also very simple too, but I still experience a brain fart when he brings up anything meaningfully metaphysical. Take this, for example:

>Whoever heard me assert that the grey cat playing just now in the yard is the same one that did jumps and tricks there five hundred years ago will think whatever he likes of me, but it is a stranger form of madness to imagine that the present-day cat is fundamentally an entirely different one.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.