[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is pyrrhonism the end-game of life?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: hqdefault.jpg (50 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
50 KB, 480x360
Is pyrrhonism the end-game of life?
>>
>>8176312
Actually, yes.
>>
>>8176312
i doubt it
>>
>there are limits to empiricism
>therefore you can't no nuffin

"philosophy"
>>
>>8176377
You forgot to mention that the limits to empiricism are the same ones that prevent from empiricism ever being established, laddo.

Logic itself is also arbitrary and self-defeating.
>>
>>8176384
Read Kant
>>
>>8176377
TO be an empiricist means that you do not cling to your speculations, no matter their degree of formalization, and you cling even less to your fantasy of reality and explaining reality and communicating your explanations. You do not even cling to your sensations, because those changes constantly against your will. sensations changes, just like your thoughts and tastes change. it is all rubbish.

what you call empiricism is empiricism done by rationalists, aka people who love to speculate, know more or less that their speculations are sterile, are always disappointing, more so once they compare them to their fantasy of the ''empirical world'' through their other fantasy of ''empirical proof'' and ''thought experiment'', but still choose to cling to their speculations in claiming that they are not able to stop speculating, therefore that ''not speculating is impossible, it is mandatory to speculate'' (plus we are paid for this now) so let's continue.
What they say is that their rationalism remains bounded by their hedonism, even though they love to claim otherwise, and yet always fail to justify that their speculation goes beyond hedonism...
>>
dunno
>>
>>8176394

you mean cant
>>
>>8176394
I did, he's full of shite.
>>
Actually, the end-game of pyrrhonism is life.
>>
>>8176510
also true desu
>>
>>8176312

I sure hope so, because when I started reading about it it blew up all my delusions of my own rationality, and so far I'm still picking up the pieces with no ataraxia in sight.
>>
>>8176749
>picking up the pieces

whyd u need to do that?
>>
>>8176780

Eh, I guess I misspoke. There's really no going back, but all the same I haven't been able to get into the mindset of just letting my attachment to my previous ideals of truth go and I think that's what holding me back from full Pyrrhonism and hopefully ataraxia.
>>
>>8176923
sounds like you got the intellectual part down. the next step is action, because theory can only point the flaws of the previous mindset, but the only way to build a new one that will replace that old one is by action, by learning from action. if you dont replace it the mind will push you back to it, and that will foster a contradiction that might break it. the mind can host anything, but it has to be something. and it has to be both coherent and functional.

but maybe you dont really need such a radical change and only need a new shape for the previously learned view of things. less radical philosophies could be useful there. an antidote is only useful where needed. cause it can become whether poison or simply irrelevant if it isnt needed.
>>
>>8176312
corole amateur video 07/17/2015 from cam4
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.