[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>society is a social construct was he right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: Karl_Marx_001.jpg (375 KB, 639x910) Image search: [Google]
Karl_Marx_001.jpg
375 KB, 639x910
>society is a social construct
was he right?
>>
>>8176168
Yes and no.
>>
>>8176168
Marx's argument is that society is a product of material conditions. A huge portion of his life's work was arguing against the Idealist view that society is just an idea.
>>
>>8176178
This.

OP kill yourself
>>
>>8176178
>marx wasn't idealist
Why have you not read my magnus opus less than zero and unlearned this stupid dogma?
>>
>>8176178
>>8176181
but is society a social construct

that's the real question here
>>
File: that's real fucking spooky.png (303 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
that's real fucking spooky.png
303 KB, 450x450
>>8176189
society is a spook
>>
>>8176178
>that society is a product of material conditions
so nothing is a social construct?
>>
>>8176168

Why ar eyou asking this on /lit/? Go read capital man
>>
>>8176230
>why are you asking questions about a writer's work on /lit/?
>>
>>8176236

Exactly. I assume that OP hasn't read anything of Marx, but he still wants to somehow create a discussion. First read the author, then create a discussion. If you want to understand Marx's theories of society, you can't just ask 'was he right'. You should read it, analyze it with and then start a discussion
>>
>>8176216
No, because society wouldn't go away if people stopped believing in it; it's a product of material conditions and will emerge regardless of petty beliefs given correct conditions. Stop assuming that Marx is a social constructivist just because SJWs are social constrictivists and /pol/ told you that all SJWs are Marxists.
>>
>>8176256
It's obviously meant as a joke.
>>
>>8176260
>>>8176216 (You)
>because society wouldn't go away if people stopped believing in it

are you sure?. it´s like the tree zen story. ( If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?)
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.