[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Okay lit, I am looking for something great, not a romp. Not a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_n9hgqeXrAN1sdkeh4o1_500.png (445 KB, 489x410) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9hgqeXrAN1sdkeh4o1_500.png
445 KB, 489x410
Okay lit, I am looking for something great, not a romp. Not a work of logical explanation, but a journey descent into paradox and beautiful writing, something that seems to break down logic itself, something that feels as though it came from someone who was living in a door outside of the 2D illusion of 3D that we see when we look at the world around us.
>>
romp
>>
>>8176035
Godel, Escher, Bach?
>>
>>8176270
No, like literature. I watched a lecture on godel just today since you mentioned that though and it was pretty cool.
>>
>>8178043
Godel, Escher, Bach
>>
>>8176035
How about you recommend a piece of music that corresponds with the literature you're looking for?
>>
ludwig tieck - blond egbert

classic mindfuck short story
>>
Lewis Carroll?
Rene Daumal?
Novalis?
Rimbaud?
Something French or autistic like this guy >>8178046 said
>>
>>8178069
We are inherently autistic anyway.
>>
>>8178265
www.youtube.com/watch?v=OK8uPFwL4Xk
>>
>>8178043
Post lecture.
>>
>>8178046
You mean music Bach? And that one artist dude is a painter, and I don't know if godel made a book but but I'd read it.
>>
>>8178297
Sorry I'm out of town right now on my phone.
>>
>>8178054
Bela Bartok's 6 string quartets.
>>
>>8178684
No! On second thought this is nothing like what I relate to the type of story I am looking for. I think psychodelic noise rock with a bit of free improvisation, like maybe a little boredoms and sun ra and Les rallizes denudes. Something primal, but masterfully performed, that makes you feel, dare I say, transcendent and at one.
>>
>>8178723
And especially throw in some skullflower and albert ayler!
>>
>>8178723
>>8178735
Well, this is something. I think the literature you're looking for has not been yet invented - but I have shortsightedness, which is really thrilling.

Really what I'm trying to say is that I don't THINK what you're looking for has been achieved to the extent you desire, but I can be wrong.
>>
>>8178663
Godel, Escher, Bach is the name of a book.
>>
>>8180742
Ohhhhh
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.