[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dickheads Unite/ P.K. Dick Appreciation Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: yougottagetthedick.jpg (141 KB, 421x704) Image search: [Google]
yougottagetthedick.jpg
141 KB, 421x704
Who is your favourite science fiction author and why is it Phillip K. Dick?

Discuss your favourite PKD novels and short stories.

I'll go first.

I read Man in the High Castle when I was leaving High School and it opened my mind up to his later works. I'd have to say my all time favourite would be Ubik, but I recently bought The Dick Reader and I will be crushing short Dick stories all summer long. It is literally going to be the summer of Dick.
>>
You get inspired by the thread I asked about used books?

My favorite and also the first book of his I ever read is Flow My Tears The Policeman Said. I still need to read UBIK.

Time out of Joint is better than Man in the High Castle IMO.
>>
VALIS

has anyone read the exegesis
>>
J. R. R. Tolkien is my favorite author
>>
>>8174771
I have read Valis and enjoyed it but I have not read the exegesis. I just did some complimentary reading on the internet.

Care to share any insights?
>>
>>8174771
I read this comic

http://www.philipkdickfans.com/resources/miscellaneous/the-religious-experience-of-philip-k-dick-by-r-crumb-from-weirdo-17/
>>
>>8174769
I was not. Time Out of Joint is one I have yet to read.
>>
>>8174799
im talking about this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exegesis_of_Philip_K._Dick
>>
>>8174771
I've read some of it, I think I read about 300 pages straight through then started hopping around in it, reading things that interested me, reading from the index references to philosophers/other writers/historical figures/his own works that interested me, etc.
>>
When will someone create a faithful Dick AI that continues the Dick's sci-fi legacy? When will they engineer a bio-mechanical meat-suit for that AI with ancient genetic information that gives it telekinesis? When will you figure out that you are that AI? Sorry to interrupt your VR experience, but there is some glitch in our ship's computer systems. We need you to wake up...
>>
File: 883631.jpg (35 KB, 282x475) Image search: [Google]
883631.jpg
35 KB, 282x475
>>8174752
>Who is your favourite science fiction author and why is it Phillip K. Dick?
But it's Frank Herbert

But if I have to go with favorite of his, it's The Three Stigmata
>>
>>8174823
they're working on it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0Fuy34xN0
>>
>>8174836
Thank you for this.
>>
>>8174836
I already knew about that, but it's always good to drop the link.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.