[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be honest. http://www.strawpoll.me/10511252
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: DkVGapD[1].png (352 KB, 659x294) Image search: [Google]
DkVGapD[1].png
352 KB, 659x294
Be honest.

http://www.strawpoll.me/10511252
>>
>>8173384
yes I have. I read it before I knew it was a meme book. the way you can someone really read it is they barely remember anything about it
>>
there should be an option for "Yes, but I selectively chose which footnotes to read."
>>
>>8173384
Are you 12 or something? It's not even a difficult read. Just long and often slow going.
>>
are you stupid? ij is shit
>>
>>8173391
this
>>
what about "yes I'm reading it right now"

l2infinitesummer, infinitepleb
>>
there should be an option for "no and I don't intend to"
>>
nah

i read brief interviews with hideous men and i enjoyed it, but i'm not sure if i fancy a thousand pages straight of that voice. short stories were about right
>>
I started reading it but I didn't think it that interesting and it was long-drawn so I dropped it
>>
Yes. I've read it twice, footnotes and all.
>>
>>8173485
I think I started coming to /lit around the time DFW-posting was starting to pick-up steam, but the confluence of cult-following and simultaneous derision turned me off from Wallace altogether. I've been tempted to dip into The Broom of the System a couple of times at my local bookstore, but I can never get past the opening paragraph.
>>
>>8173405
I scimmed over some of the longer, more technical footnotes.
>>
>>8173505
Brief Interviews is great.
>>
>>8173384
No I haven't read it because I'm not a yank. I have never heard of dfw before I came on this board and I don't intend to get memed.
>>
>>8173528
"K" is your friend.

Your lucky numbers are 12 (and by extension 3 & 4), 35, 72, 12,769.
>>
>>8173505
Brief Interviews is probably his strongest work overall. If you've read that, you don't really need to read anything else by him.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.