[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
have you found any of Joseph mcelroys books in used book stores?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: 1463892746019.jpg (33 KB, 541x541) Image search: [Google]
1463892746019.jpg
33 KB, 541x541
have you found any of Joseph mcelroys books in used book stores? I've been searching for a year and haven't found a single one. are they out of print? you would think you could find them in Toronto with the 15 different book stores I frequent. what are your favorite books by him, other than women and memes.
>>
oh yeah I forgot. you guys don't actually read.
>>
>>8173395
we just buy shit off abebooks and amazon and libgen instead of walking around like it's the stone age you inbred
>>
>>8172532

I actually saw Women & Men in Toronto at Re:reading a few years ago. Didn't buy it because I don't really care to spend a lot of money on a doorstopper meme book desu.
>>
>>8173395
>oh yeah I forgot. you guys don't actually read.
>he says while posting about a meme book
>>
>>8173481

>not buying it and selling it at 20000% profit to some meme-addled fuck on/lit/

You're not the brightest in the bunch lad.
>>
>>8173481
re reading is the worst book store I've been to in Toronto. I asked the hipster girls for gaddis, barth and hawkes and they looked at me like I was retarded and then one of them said "Google will tell me who those authors are". like how the fuck do these chick's get a job at a book store without knowing this shit. then she takes me to the classics section and it's a single bookshelf that's like 3 feet wide. ohhhh I get. this store blows.
>>
>>8173567
Dude, face facts: almost everybody who works in retail knows shit about their field. Maybe you could hold booksellers at a higher esteem; but, based on my experience, it isn't all there. If you can get by on your wits and bullshitting gullible shoppers into buying shit from your conglomerate, more power to you.
Take it from someone who worked in retail for 4 years: leave us alone, pick out your own shit, we don't have anything in the back, leave us alone.
>>
>>8173582
Bullshit. I worked in high end retail and knew fucking everything about our products. I loved when customers would ask for help.
>>
>>8173591
yeah same. I worked at sunglass hut. you were trained to be an expert and fresh pairs of shades were always in the back. the ones out front had actually been tried on by multiple people and that's what we'd sell you unless you asked lel
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.