[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is a selection from a word frequency list. I've removed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: word frequency list selection.png (43 KB, 602x513) Image search: [Google]
word frequency list selection.png
43 KB, 602x513
This is a selection from a word frequency list.

I've removed the connective words like "the" and "is," as well as the most culturally unique words.

Can you guess what the original work was?
>>
>>8171694
Something McCarthy?
>>
Would seem typical of genre garbage
>>
>>8171703
No, but not worlds apart from him.

>>8171712
I should add that I removed the less frequent words, too. The word "fresh" only appears once in this text, for example.
>>
Come know see
hand fear night go
say blood?
thought think
death, dead
great, give!
speak day, hear nature
look, knock, eye sleep
leave, love
heart take
grace poor, put show
strange, worthy
word true.
Lie.
>>
new testament
>>
>>8171729
Come and see, and then you'll know.
My hand does not fear to go into the night.
You say that there will be blood?
That's a thought to think over.
Death is great, and he will give to the dead.
You can speak with me about that day, but you only hear of its nature from others.
All you have to do is look, knock upon it, eye it, and sleep.
Leave love aside and take heart.
Grace may be poor, but she put on a good show.
It is strange to be worthy of a true word.
Or is it a lie?
>>
Man this reminds me of that part in If On a Winter's Night a Traveler.

I'm guessing Poe by the way.
>>
I'd guess T. S. Eliot - The Wasteland
>>
File: macbeth.png (80 KB, 596x627) Image search: [Google]
macbeth.png
80 KB, 596x627
I'll end the suspense. It's actually Macbeth.

Tonally, your guesses were pretty close to the mark.
>>
Notice that "blood" is more frequent than "think," and "fear," "night," and "time" are more common than the word "go." He's certainly sending a message.
>>
>>8172432

Blood was common in theater at the time. Theater was for the masses and the masses were and still are bloodthirsty savages.

>>8171872
>>8171836
>randomly naming famous writers

>>8171712
>muh spook hierarchies

>>8171703
>>8171734

warm
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.