[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Whats your favorite short story /lit/? For me, its a tie between
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1429586771608.jpg (35 KB, 492x321) Image search: [Google]
1429586771608.jpg
35 KB, 492x321
Whats your favorite short story /lit/? For me, its a tie between Bartleby, the Scrivener and The Snows of Kilimanjaro.
>>
"Ugly," Joyce Carol Oates
>>
>>8171082
probably The Immortal by Borges or The River by Flannery O'Connor
>>
How Much Land Does A Man Need?
A Painful Case
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 251x201) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 251x201
>>
Whatever the one sci-fi story is about the aliens who come to Earth looking for resources is.

And the aliens end up being crusaders who've come to Mexico to look for gold

>>8171082
>I was in English 101: The Short Story Collection
>>
>>8171082
The Most Dangerous Game
>>
Theologians by Borges.
>>
>>8171082
I can't choose (for different reasons) between Chejov, Borges and Cortazar.

I think that Chejov has the best, Borges the mindblowings and Cortazar the Iwanttofuckyouallnightgirl
>>
The swimmer - John Cheever
>>
>>8172570
Rather than using your strawman argument, what is bad about the stories I posted in the OP? You're a literary hipster if you just hate them because they're popular or "entry level".
>>
Shakespeare's Memory
For Esmé – with Love and Squalor
The Judgement
>>
>>8171082
For sale: Baby shoes, never worn.
>>
>>8171082

How the fuck does an elephant get in such a situation? How do you defend yourself from a train?

Bartleby is great, but GOAT short story writers are Borges and Gogol.
>>
I like 'The Jaunt'.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.