[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I bought 5 books and want to start a book collection. I go off
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: war and peace.jpg (7 KB, 115x172) Image search: [Google]
war and peace.jpg
7 KB, 115x172
I bought 5 books and want to start a book collection. I go off to college next year, so this probably won't be the case. Should I just start transitioning to using the library and cut that shit out now?
>>
Do whatever you want.
>>
Buy a Kindle.
>>
Physical books are awesome. Start whenever you can, you can build that shit over time even if they just chill in a box

Someday, you'll have room to buy a book case
>>
>>8171021
Just buy the books you're really interested in physically, maybe try them digitally/pdfs first, or borrow something from the library that interests you and then buy a copy later. I dunno, man, the world is your oyster in this case, do whatever you're most comfortable and happiest in doing in how you want to collect books.
>>
>>8172300
>buy a kindle
>drop it
>no more kindle
>buy a kindle
>drop of rain falls on it
>no more kindle
>>
>>8172649
>>be idiot
>>it has negative consequences
>>
>>8172649
Back the files up on your computer. There is no reason to buy physical copies of books anymore. There is absolutely nothing to gain from having huge paper stacks sitting on slats of wood in your house. An e-book reader or a tablet will carry your whole library, has a dictionary, is light weight and easy to prop up in odd positions, has note taking software that doesn't harm the file, etc.

Physical copies are the meme, not digital copies. Technology has progressed, get over it.
>>
>>8173051
I forgot the one caveat: other people's perception. If you are reading to make yourself look intelligent, then yes, showing off your bookshelf is a great way to do that. For those of us who just want to read, though, an e-reader or a tablet is objectively better.
>>
Honestly, OP depending on your college situation, you may be moving around a bit and may have limited living space, so for now I'd give up on amassing that super impressive literate library, especially if at all there's any vanity in your reason for doing so. Stick with your library for now, and eBooks if you have an ereader. You will save hundreds or thousands of dollars in the long run, and moving with be less of a hassle.
>>
>>8173076
this. if you're doing it to impress college chicks, then just fucking kill yourself. If you want to actually be smart, then read the books and think critically about what youre reading. oh, and do your fucking homework anon.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.