[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've saved up all the suggestions that I've not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /lit/ - Literature

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1
File: Jheronimus_Bosch_(cropped).jpg (24 KB, 369x427) Image search: [Google]
Jheronimus_Bosch_(cropped).jpg
24 KB, 369x427
So I've saved up all the suggestions that I've not purchased nor read yet. Which ones are worth getting and why?

The Beetle Leg by John Hawkes
Nightwood by Djuna Barnes
Milkbottle H by Gil Orlovitz
Hebdomeros, by Giorgio de Chirico
The Bridge by Iain Banks
Box man by Kobo Abe
The Other Side by Alfred Kubin
The Cantos
John Banville
The Voyage to Arcturus
Invisible Cities and Pnin
the torture garden, by gustave mirbeau
Hubert Selby Jr.
Bruno Schulz
Proust
the unconsoled
Hilda Doolittle, usually published under HD
The Changing Light At Sandover, particularly in the cosmology department.
Philip Levine.
jiggery pokery
ee cummings
Gravity's rainbow
Sea of Ink: Richard Weihe
Une Semaine de Bonte - Max Ernst
Moral Disorder
Arthur C. Clarke's Childhood's End
Pynchon - Bleeding Edge
Watts - Blindsight
Negarestani - Cyclonopedia
Eclipse Phase Rulebook
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace
the torture garden, by gustave mirbeau
>>
all of them
plus many thousands more

read as much as physically possible before you die
>>
I mean, Proust's ISoLT is the among the top 5 greatest novels ever written so i'd get on that ASAP, wont be cheap to get the proper revised Moncrieff translation. Will prob take you 4 months to read
>>
>>8170855
Most of them are pretty solid but you got memed the fuck out with this one
>The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
It's just YA shit.
>>
>>8170855
>tfw i've probably give OP half of good ones of those recs and he's not read shit from them
read Kubin.
>>
>>8170896
Good meme. The Fault in our Stars is the only book in that list that tackles anything other than teen drama. In fact, it probably does the best job out of all of them creating a multi-faceted story with deep and intensely human characters.
>>
>>8171178
Kill you are self to be honest, family.
>>
Proust, Hilda Doolittle, The Changing Light at Sandover, Philip Levine, e. e. cummings.

The rest aren't recommended.
>>
>>8171200
>critiquing my choice in literature
>can't form a complete and coherent english sentance
>>
>>8171217
and here we have a pleb pseud pretending to know anything

admit it you haven't read even 1/4 of what he listed
Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.